Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PSN Movie Sevice Help

• 57 results
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By LiquidPrince

Were all NA. We can be peaceful!

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By DrPepper1990

I do recall Sony saying in there press conference that when you purchase a movie on the store it would be able to be transferred onto many different types of media storage devices like maybe a flash drive or external hdd. If you could get them onto one of those then there should not  be a problem getting them onto your computer. I havent bought anything on the video store yet, although it could bring an end to the UMD, If a film I want does come out for UMD then I would most likely buy it in that form because it doesn't take up memory space on my PSP memory card. For all the other films I want that don't come out on UMD I'll transfer them onto my memory stick. I'm upgrading to an 8GB soon, you can get them off amazon now for only $50! I do realize I am one of the few out there that still purchase UMD movies, but I do because I have tried all that DVD ripping stuff and converting it but my comp sucks and it would take a week to finish one movie. UMD is easier for me.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By LiquidPrince

You should try it for all these good Giant Bombians.

changgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By changgo

Its likely that the files themselves will be encoded with Digital Rights Management (DRM) locks.  Much in the same way that DRM-protected songs bought on iTunes can only be played on a limited number of authorized computers and devices, I'd be surprised if there were not simllar controls on the video files moving through the PSN.  (I don't know of a legal video download service that doesn't incorporate some type of DRM control.)  Hopefully we will be allowed to burn any videos purchased (back them up) onto physical media, however, that would make the redistribution of the file very easy and therefore I doubt it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince

Well it wouldn't make it any different then buying a movie and backing it up so...

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Changgo said:
    "Its likely that the files themselves will be encoded with Digital Rights Management (DRM) locks.  Much in the same way that DRM-protected songs bought on iTunes can only be played on a limited number of authorized computers and devices, I'd be surprised if there were not simllar controls on the video files moving through the PSN.  (I don't know of a legal video download service that doesn't incorporate some type of DRM control.)  Hopefully we will be allowed to burn any videos purchased (back them up) onto physical media, however, that would make the redistribution of the file very easy and therefore I doubt it."
    He is right. If Sony did not incorporate DRM into the video service then they would basically contributing to piracy.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince

Which of course they would never do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.