Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

TECH HELP - Playstaion 3 and PC - Digital Sound Setup

Engine357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Engine357

So I am a Hardcore PC Gamer, and when it comes to console Gaming I am a Playstation Gamer, recently I upgraded from the ground up my PC gaming rig, which laughs at the CryENGINE 2 among other things, so I decided to set up my desk as a gaming center rather than a PC desktop, Basically what I am getting to is I want to share sound between both my PS3 and PC with either a spliter or even better a switch between the two for easy access.

My Setup is simple, a Samsung Touch of Color monitor with DVI to HDMI output for Video, but that leaves one problem, I'm not using Direct HDMI nor does the Samsung have its own set of speakers. So my question is, is there a possible Headset or Speaker setup that will allow me to switch between both platforms with the flick of a switch? I do not want to have to constantly replug everything in between the two.

Could I also run the PS3 sound setup through my PC and output it through it's speakers with my PC turned on? And if I go with a Headset setup how could I get the Microphone to work for the PS3 without a True headphone input?

It sounds to me like theres a ton of possibiliies and I'd like help with any one of them, also I don't care how ridiculous the amount of splitters and Y-Cables I have to use to get it up and running, as long as it is all cost effective, (Besides the Headset or Speakers of course, I can go reasonably all out)

Thanks a Ton, look forward to some Tech Saavy replies.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wadtomaton

I'm using the logitech z5500 speaker set and I have my PS3, PC, and Wii all hooked up. It has a remote as well as face buttons that let you switch between any of your inputs. Also the price on their site is pretty high, I think I payed maybe half that.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=US,EN

Engine357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Engine357

I've considered 5.1 in the past but how do you set it up the two back speakers properly for a desktop platform since I don't have the space of a home theater? Would the splitter work with a 2.1 setup? And lastly does Logitech offer a Stereo/2.1 setup that has a similar splitter?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.