Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

To all my PS3 Duders, I got a question for y'all

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MannyMAR

So at the top of this year my 40Gb "Fatty" aka Smough bit the yellow triple beep dust and in light of the new Super Slim's aka Ornstein release I'm jumping back on the PS Triple Train. The dilemma I have is that Smough had a 320gb Hdd whereas Ornstein's got a 250gb hdd.

Now I'm not worried about my save data (PS+ Cloud to the rescue!), but would it be best to swap drives before even turning on the new console or should I just use the 320gb hdd as a backup drive?

Yes, I know the 500gb AssCreed3 model will be out at next month's end but I don't feel like spending 300 smackaroos nor waiting til then for that matter. Plus I haven't gotten round to playing Uncharted 3 and that Dust voucher is intriguing. Thanks in advance.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By EVO

@MannyMAR said:

should I just use the 320gb hdd as a backup drive?

Yeah, 250gb should be more than enough.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grillbar

i have a 320gb rand i only have about 40 gigs left so i would buy that one.

also i dont like the look of the new one it looks so cheap and ugly, although if mine breaks down and the 500 is out ill properly get that one but as of right now, the "shine slim"

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BlackLagoon

From what I understand, you will need to buy a special mounting bracket to fit a new hard drive into the "super slim" PS3 models, so you'd need to get one before you can replace the HDD. Also, if you do go ahead an switch drives, be aware that there's been an additional step added to it since early PS3 model you had where it requires you to have a copy of the firmware on a external drive or USB stick before it will format the new one.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

I have over 140 PS3 games with my 320, I'm fine.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones

I've got a 150? 160? Totally can't remember but its fine, sure you need to delete stuff every once in awhile but its no big deal really.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By colourful_hippie

I just realized I barely download anything on the PS side because my fat 80 has been fine for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.