Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Has anyone been listening to Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty new PlayStation podcast PS I Love You XOXO?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

Any of you been checking out Greg Miller and Colin Moriarity's new playstation podcast PS I Love You?

Its been going for 3 weeks now and its a return to form from their Beyond playstation focused podcast when they were previously at IGN. Its been a pretty good few weeks last week they had a interview with Shuhei Yoshida. If you're interested in all things Playstation I'd recommend you give it a whirl. :)

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The format of focusing on one platform or company as it is, seems incredibly dated at this point, especially when the differences between consoles are so small. I guess old habits die hard and it'll probably have a pretty broad appeal, but yeah, this just seems like the boys over at KindaFunny hasn't grown at all since their IGN days.

...The name is pretty good though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Yeah I don't get why you are possibly limiting yourself to one platform or other other at this point.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I don't get why you are possibly limiting yourself to one platform or other other at this point.

Multiple reasons. They are die hard Playstation fans. So Playstation stuff is what they know and pay attention to the most and the fans wanted it and have been asking about it for awhile. They already have the Kinda Funny Gamescast to cover larger broader topics. This is a deep dive into Playstation stuff by two guys who are huge Playstation fans.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks, didn't know this existed. I was a fan of their Beyond podcast and a bit disappointed when they went behind a Patreon paywall.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burt: You know you can still get all their stuff for free right? Just if you don't pay you get it a week after it airs for Patreon people. That mainly just applies to Game over Greggy and Gamescast though.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think part of it is just that they were known for it in the IGN days. There was a cast for each platform + Game Scoop that was more like Bombcast, at least the news + emails bits. I was a pretty frequent Beyond / Game Scoop listener before GB came about. And I still remember Three Red Lights and how they had a moment of silence for all of the dead Xbox 360s each week xD

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jaymii

I absolutely love it. I haven't really taken to any of their Kinda Funny stuff so when the first episode of XOXO dropped a couple weeks back it was like hearing from some old friends. It's a simple yet effective format that works so well for them. It feels like they've been let off the leash a bit too. Really enjoyable stuff.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

So is this an official podcast that Sony is paying them to do? Or are they just doing free PR?

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have been, i have also been watching all the Kindafunny content for a while now, i really like Greg and their content for Kindafunny has been really good in my opinion.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@civid said:

The format of focusing on one platform or company as it is, seems incredibly dated at this point, especially when the differences between consoles are so small.

Bingo. I'm not interested in so limited a podcast.

I've lately found myself not liking a lot of the Kinda Funny Games content but still really enjoy Colin and Greg Live and a lot of the content on normal Kinda Funny.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I liked Podcast Beyond, but there were moments when they (especially Colin) sounded too invested, borderline biased - they would get really defensive about console sales numbers and sounded very vindicated when PS3 overtook 360 in box sales. Other than that, I enjoyed it and will probably listen to this too. Pretty amazing they've managed to turn this into a fulltime gig now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Its just a podcast they wanted to do for fun basically. Colin and Greg were the Playstation guys at IGN before they left. They did a Playstation focused podcast there because of that and when they left a lot of their fans wanted that format back. So this is a revival of the old format they used to do with the Beyond podcast at IGN.

@burt:Yeah, check out both of their YouTube channels Kinda Funny and Kinda Funny games. If you haven't been paying attention you'll have a TON of stuff to go through if you want. I started listening to them a few months ago and I've been going through all the old Gamescast and Game Over Greggy shows. Great stuff. :)

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Tribunal

I really don't like Greg Miller's constant shilling whenever I watch his new stuff. Colin has some great insight into the game industry, but outside of PlayStation stuff, his opinions are very much a flip of the coin in terms of quality. Nick is golden though.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't like Greg Miller's constant shilling whenever I watch his new stuff. Colin has some great insight into the game industry, but outside of PlayStation stuff, his opinions are very much a flip of the coin in terms of quality. Nick is golden though.

I don't really disagree, Greg's been really bad with Lego Dimensions I feel. Nevertheless, I still enjoy all the guys. Nick is easily my favorite, though.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Impressive title.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup its pretty good so far.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I watched part of one episode. Seems perfectly fine. Colin and Greg are great as always. I just don't care for podcasts with such a limited scope.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't listened to Beyond since a few months after they left. Maybe I'll roll this into my podcast rotation.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#22 riostarwind  Moderator

I remember listening to Beyond for a little while but I eventually lost interest thanks to the bombcast. I tried listening to the first episode of this one and it seems alright. I'll at least keep it in mind if I need a extra podcast to listen to each week.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know it existed. =) I'll check it out later.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheBlue

I enjoy it quite a bit. As someone who has grown into a bias towards Playstation over the years, it's a fun listen. Greg might be annoying to some people but I find his energy and enthusiasm to be refreshing after the occasionally grouchy duders. The other guys in the Kinda Funny crew (Tim and Nick) are some alright dudes as well.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By musubi

@theblue: Yeah, Greg is great and he is really good in front of a camera. I was watching some of the old "Conversation With Colin" and just the way he intros that show is great. In much the same way Ryan did with a lot of the bombcast content.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Oh, I'm intrigued. Beyond was great.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yeah I have been enjoying P.S I Love You xoxo, and it has been great so far, as PS4 is the only way I game, besides the Mac I am typing this on. The last few months, I have really been deep diving into their Kinda Funny content backlog like the Game Over Greggy Show and Conversation with Colin. I especially love when Colin does a topic on politics, even if we disagree a lot of the time with me being a Dem and Colin being a Republican. Nick and Tim are very funny, and their relationship show is very funny as well. I don't watch as much Kinda Funny Games stuff as much, besides the new PS podcast.

dakota1099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this isn't the best place to voice my opinion on Kinda Funny but I might as well do it here. I was a huge fan of their stuff when they first started KF. Hell I was even giving them $15 a month on patreon to watch their content a week early, but now I have little interest in them. I love Greg to death. Get passed the shilling and loudness he's seems like a great dude and someone who cares about the industry as much as anyone. Nick is fucking fantastic and hilarious. I can't get enough of him.

Now with Colin I've grown really sour on him lately. Over the past few months he just says things that our just wrong and put them out as fact. Multiple times on the gamescast he'll say something that I know isn't true and it bugs the hell out of me. Also fallowing him on Twitter is unbearable. It's not cause of his political views at all since I agree with most of them. He's just a bully. He will attack people who have a difference of opinion of his own. You scroll through his replies and they are just straight out mean. Now some people totally deserve it cause this is still the internet and there are a lot of dicks out there but a lot of people are just trying to have a conversation with him and he will just take it as a threat and be a dick. Also instead of using his large Twitter as a stage to teach people about things he knows a lot about he will just attack people who are wrong and basically make fun of them. I just disagree with him on so many fronts.

Now Tim just seems like an 18 who think he's made it famous. Bragging about signing girls breasts (which he did apologize for). Pimping Tinder on his snapchat and just dumb idiotic things his say on the GOG show and the gamescast. He doesn't add anything to kinda funny in my opinion.

Anyways sorry for the long post. I might go throw this on the KF forums to see the response it will get. But don't get me wrong I think they deliver a product that is needed to a lot of people. If you are a fan of Giant Bomb I strongly recommend you check them out since they remind me a lot of an early GB. I wish them nothing but the best. They just aren't for me anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.