Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

I really want a Metal Gear Collection on PS4

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They really need to make a MGS Collection on PS4. After watching all of Metal Gear Scanlon, I was reminded how much I loved those older games. I would love to play them all again but I don't want to invest in a PS3 for just those games. Just remake the Legacy Collection on PS4 please!!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It might appear through PS Now some day. MGS4 was there at one point, but then disappeared.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

yup, but the way konami is now I doubt it will happen. MGS4 at 60 fps/1080p would be amazing.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: I dunno, the "relatively" cheap cost of putting out a re-release like that would probably be the most likely route they might go down, though likely not anytime too soon. I could see them possibly farming the work out to some studio or the other down the road.

Though unfortunately not as likely as "Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Pachinko"

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about porting MGS4 to different hardware. Sounds like that's a challenge in itself.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RonGalaxy

@harpell said:

@rongalaxy: I dunno, the "relatively" cheap cost of putting out a re-release like that would probably be the most likely route they might go down, though likely not anytime too soon. I could see them possibly farming the work out to some studio or the other down the road.

Though unfortunately not as likely as "Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Pachinko"

as @shindig said, porting games from ps3 to ps4 is really challenging for developers, and that alone is enough of a reason for konami to not do it, even though it would, most likely, make money for them in the long run. Especially if they port it to PC, XB1, and PS4. It would almost be like a new release.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GaspoweR

I really want a MGS collection that came out on other platforms. Not sure how feasible it is though with MGS 4 considering that it was primarily built on PS3 which would make porting incredibly challenging.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing that backwards compatibility reveal at Microsoft's Gamescom conference made me jealous of the fact that Xbone owners will potentially get to play MGS2, Snake Eater and Peace Walker on a current gen system.

Avatar image for cairnsythebeard
    CairnsyTheBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 22

Well they said that ps1 and ps2 emulation was coming to ps4. As for MGS 4, it would have to be a remaster or streamed via PS Now, Rising too. Portable Ops would have to be played on PSP or Vita. Peace Walker could be streamed from PS3 via PS Now if it's ever included.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By confusedowl

Don't the older MGS games require pressure sensitive buttons? Not sure how they would get around that with the PS4 controller if they ended up making a collection for it.

EDIT: Just remembered that the HD collection is out on 360. So I guess that's not a big deal.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Every game other than MGS4 seems pretty doable, so who knows? Could happen. Doesn't matter for me anyways though, I keep everything plugged in.

STAY PLUG.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@glottery said:

It might appear through PS Now some day. MGS4 was there at one point, but then disappeared.

MGS will never appear on PS Now. The HD Collection and 4 were both on PS Now during the beta but removed because they rely on pressure sensitive buttons the PS4 controller doesn't have. (MGS2, 3 and 4 make use of the face buttons, shoulder buttons and triggers pressure sensitivity, while the PS4 controller only has pressure sensing triggers)

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please. my Ps3 died and I can't play my collection anymore.

I would even re-buy these games I like them so much.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ezekiel

So, first the trilogy was remastered for the last gen consoles and now it should be remastered again for the current consoles, and I'm guessing afterwards it should be remastered for the next gen consoles. Just release it on PC, where it will still be playable on hardware made fifteen years from now or more. The consollers had their turn.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

So, first the trilogy was remastered for the last gen consoles and now it should be remastered again for the current consoles, and I'm guessing afterwards it should be remastered for the next gen consoles. Just release it on PC, where it will still be playable on hardware made fifteen years from now or more. The consollers had their turn.

This is exactly what I want. I'm hoping even though Konami isn't very interested in the video game market anymore they at least see the low cost of porting older titles to new platforms as being worth it.

cbarnes86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glottery: they gonna remaster it?! Or rerelease?! I would buy it!

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be careful what you wish for. While the Kojima games (ZoE and MGS) got real nice remasters last gen, Konami also put out the Silent Hill remaster which was absolutely terrible. With Konami continually pulling out of video games it's not crazy to see Konami giving the port to the cheapest dev they can find and it turning out real bad. That said, should it come out and be great it would be real cool! I'm all for old games being playable on as many systems as possible!

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@syce300: Actually the ZoE collection also had some big problems, not even holding up to the PS2 versions in frame rate and visuals at points. Kojima Productions did make there own patch later for the PS3 version, but even after that it still had some problems.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just want some fucking trophies for MGS1.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likewise. I like being able to have as much as possible on the same system, just for the sake of convenience. More than willing to pay for it again.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested in having it on PS4, but a PC release would be nice as well.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FrostyRyan

there was an HD collection and legacy collection already.

We don't need another one.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Did you know there are people who don't own PS3s? Hell, by that logic there was no need for those collections because they already did a Metal Gear collection on PS2.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TechnoSyndrome: and there won't be people who own ps4s, ps5s, or ps6s,

by that logic, we should just keep putting old games on every system ever. you gotta stop at some point.

Kiryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the PS4 was backwards compatible, you could just play the HD collection. Oh well.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Seeing that backwards compatibility reveal at Microsoft's Gamescom conference made me jealous of the fact that Xbone owners will potentially get to play MGS2, Snake Eater and Peace Walker on a current gen system.

But you can too, with the amazing Playstation Now subscription service!

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: And by that logic they should release every game ever made for PC. Emulation almost does this, so why not make money off of it? Most people who play games have a computer these days and probably always will.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@TechnoSyndrome: and there won't be people who own ps4s, ps5s, or ps6s,

by that logic, we should just keep putting old games on every system ever. you gotta stop at some point.

These consoles are going to be around for the next 8 years at least. Phantom Pain is technically supposed to be the last game in the series closing the loop. This would be a perfect time to release a comprehensive collection of all the games.

Also a lot of people want to replay those old games without having to hook up old consoles. I know I certainly would, my old PS3 sounds like a jet engine when it's on and I don't particularly feel like taking it out, hooking up the HDMI to the back of my TV which I have to take off the entertainment stand to do. I just want to have it all here on my new console.

By "we don't need another one" you mean "I don't don't need another one" and thats absolutely fine, but plenty of others would love it - especially with Phantom Pain coming out. They kind of missed a brilliant business opportunity to release something like that.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping the past collection is added to Xbox One's library of Xbox 360 games .

carsend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By carsend

They will release it the same day as Call of Duty and Halo, and not even send enough out to stock most stores....like they did with the last big one.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: You know what, I did buy the MGS HD collection and MGS4 separately, and then when the Legacy collection came out, I sold both for that.........because, you know, I'm so smart with money. You're probably absolutely right.

But I stand by thinking putting two gen old games on current hardware seems like overkill. They got the 1080, 60 treatment already, ya know

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I just started MGS4 and the framerate is really rough in a lot of spots. Being a 60fps kind of person, it's painful. I would like a 1080 60 version of that game in particular. I played 2 and 3 on PS3 just fine, there's not a lot they could improve there.

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower:

I think that claim is a little overblown. If it was THAT challenging, we wouldn't see excellent remastered like God of War, Last of Us and Uncharted on PS4. And I can't believe MGS would be rougher on the hardware than Last of Us.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It would probably need at ton of work, and I don't think today's Konami is into putting a lot of work into anything. I mean even if they were merely expected a crappy job they probably won't bother since the profit margin for such a collection would be too slim.

Windir2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Windir2112

I 100 percent agree. There's no rerelease I want more than that. I'd gladly pay full price for each game again. At least put all the games on PC already god damn it.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GaspoweR

@thetenthdoctor said:

@gaspower:

I think that claim is a little overblown. If it was THAT challenging, we wouldn't see excellent remastered like God of War, Last of Us and Uncharted on PS4. And I can't believe MGS would be rougher on the hardware than Last of Us.

That's the thing, all the examples you gave we're from Sony first party games so the amount of resources wouldn't be as costly plus the developers are also more intimately familiar with how they would be able to port it to PS4 as well. I want MGS 4 to also show up on other platforms OUTSIDE of the Sony ecosystem is what I meant. Knowing the current state of Konami and I know that they are not shy of putting out HD remasters themselves, we probably would have heard of an MGS 4 for Xbox One or PC by now if it was financially feasible.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Id settle for an hd re-release of Twin Snakes at this point but given that it was jointly made by Silicon Knights and published by Nintendo it seems unlikely....still....those two Resident Evil games came out...

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rethla

Yes i want all Metal gear games on PS4 and i want PS4 backwardscompatible with all playstation systems. Twin snakes is the only thing i dont care for, i havnt played it but from what i have seen its the shitty gameplay of MGS2 combined with rerecorded and subpar cutscenes.

SpAnKiNeM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want this

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Man, I still have my ps3 and the mgs collection but would still love to see this come to the ps4 for like $29.99. Heck, even $39.99 if it included MGS4: Guns of the Patriots!

That would be killer!

Avatar image for fixurheartordie
    fixurheartordie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped so hard! Still just as true as it was two years ago.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh, I just bought the collection off eBay like two months ago. Along with the super slim PS3 I bought last year to replace my (inevitably) busted fatty.

The lack of back compatibility in general on the PS4 is such a bummer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.