Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

If you could change your PSN ID, you would change it from what to what?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

So I was playing some Black Ops with another forum member the other day, and one of the people playing was named nickelbackr243, or something like that. It made us wonder if that person is a big Nickelback fan, or if their taste is music has changed and they REALLY want to change their PSN name about now. Not to pick on Nickelback or their fans, though. That band gets far too much crap, and music is crazy subjective. Still not a fan, though.

Anyhow, according to a recent poll on this website, 35% would like the ability to change your PSN ID. That's a pretty high amount. It got me wondering, what's so awful about your PSN user names? Why did you pick them in the first place, and what did you name yourselves? If you had the chance, what would you change them to?

I have a feeling there might be some interesting stories, here.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Together with being unable to change the account region, this is one of the big reasons I don't want to deal with PlayStation anymore. No one should have to live with the same thing forever. We change our minds.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Tennmuerti

From Tenmuerti to Tennmuerti (having this username not be the same in all of my services is a pain in the ass)

Because I had to make the one with one "n" as an additional account that became my main one. I originally made a PSN account in Cyprus which, har-har had PSN but no actual PSN store! And since there is no way to change your country or region or username, I had to make a new UK one just so that I could buy some damn games, but of course I couldn't even delete the old account to free up the name! Fantastic stuff.

Fuck that noise and fuck their stone age account system and credit card system.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I actually wouldn't change mine. I remember when I first created my PSN account agonizing for hours to find a name that I liked that wasn't already taken. I really loved Wangan Midnight at the time and came up with Devil240Z which was fairly "original" since in the manga/anime/japan in general the name 240Z isn't even used cause all Z cars are just called Fairlady Z there and 240z/260z/280z/350z are used outside of japan(iirc). So Akuma no Zetto became Devil240Z. Devil240Z is now my username on pretty much everything.

blade_r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luckily I already did, but technically I didn't change it, I just made an all new PSN by using a different email, I just couldnt stay with what I had lol It was asapblade and now its Blade4693. Which I also want to change my name here to too, but a year ago I messed around and tried to log into this site with my ComicVine info just to see if it would work and it did, so now im stuck with this username I dont want lol

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with SurlyMcDouchebag

Loading Video...

I didnt realize at the time that obscure Mission Hill references will fly right over most people heads. I guarantee that I have been kicked from games because of my name and would love to change it. How hard can it be Sony? I just want people to stop calling me douche bag or Shirley for short.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

Sdewts to Sdoots. Trying to get all my usernames to be the same thing.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#8 riostarwind  Moderator

Although it would be nice to have every username to be the same I might just keep the one I have on PSN. After all having the username neverending on PSN is rather unique.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BallsLeon is sacred and eternal

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My PSN id is not the worst possible nick (no "slayer[my birth year]" or something of such) to have, but it feels like part of my "old-self" now. Not to mention I also had to spell it a bit differently because the original one was already taken. I thought about making a new one when I moved over to PS4, but I just had way too many games connected to it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

I didnt realize at the time that obscure Mission Hill references will fly right over most people heads. I guarantee that I have been kicked from games because of my name and would love to change it. How hard can it be Sony? I just want people to stop calling me douche bag or Shirley for short.

This is the kind of story I was hoping for more of when I started this thread. Sorry to hear it, though.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

I fucking love mission hill.

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil24oz the whole season is on youtube

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.