Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Is there anything at all coming out before Infamous?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't looked that hard and I've seen a couple ports like Flow and Escape plan, but is there really nothing announced for the PS4 before Infamous?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Apparently Octodad comes out in 2013 but it doesn't have a solid release date. I really hope they get it out this year because that game looks great.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm curious about the Don't Starve console port, that game updates every 15 days with new content, and that game is coming in free for PS+ users.

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@crithon: Not sure if you're indicating that you've played this one before, but I can give this one a good hard recommend.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wjb

Not really for next-gen. The only two major console games before Infamous are Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3 and Final Fantasy XIII-3 on PS3/360.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

F2P games Warthunder is coming out Friday and Planetside 2 is coming in January

A mish-mosh of PSN games, but OctoDad should be in by January and The Witness is supposed to be early 2014. Towerfall is also listed at early 2014

I'm sure we'll start seeing more announcements on stuff in a few weeks (Still waiting on DiveKick to drop, all those other Cross-Buy games, etc.)

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercenary Kings is suppose to come out sometime.

Thought it was pretty awesome on PC. Only played a bit so I'll pick it up on PS4.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ilikepopcans

I could be lazy and just link this wiki page with the releases, but I will put my thoughts in too i guess...

There is a decent amount that the page lists before Infamous to my surprise. The guys said how the period before Titanfall was empty but there a good amount of stuff for this period.PvZ FPS, Lords of Shadows 2, and Thief in the middle of February (only one I would think might not ship is Thief.) South Park hopefully keeps it release date at early March and Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 on March 11. A number of more niche and download stuff is also in there. Doubt anything will be moved or announce for this period so don't look for any surprises.

edit: OHHHHHHHHHHH YOU MEANT FOR PS4 (should have look at where the thread was put in or read what you said)

Well, nothing than

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TruthTellah

@hunkulese: It looks like a few indie titles and indie ports are coming to the PS4 between now and next year. So, stuff like Escape Plan, Awesomenauts, Octodad, flOw, Minecraft, Secret Ponchos, Doki-Doki Universe, Tiny Brains, and Mercenary Kings.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm appreciating the drought, honestly. Still got a backlog to work through and some Battlefield to play.

Also, Lords of Shadow 2 is going to be an amazing way to end this generation. After that, I'll be all in on PS4 games (starting with Infamous).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Not really and even once inFamous is out there is a strong argument to be made that PS3 would be the place to be early next year anyways. Tons of good stuff coming out early in the year.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really and even once inFamous is out there is a strong argument to be made that PS3 would be the place to be early next year anyways. Tons of good stuff coming out early in the year.

Oh yeah? What good stuff would you say is coming out for PS3 next year? (I mean, besides maybe P5 if we're lucky)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RonGalaxy

Thief, but it's up in the air on whether it will be good or not. It looks pretty cool to me

Also, a lot of new games dont have release dates yet, so who knows really.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@demoskinos said:

Oh yeah? What good stuff would you say is coming out for PS3 next year? (I mean, besides maybe P5 if we're lucky)

Dark Souls 2, Xillia 2, South Park, Ragnarok Odyssey ACE, Lightning Returns, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Lords of Shadow 2, and a bunch of other stuff. Which is why I kept my PS3. PS4 wont have that many games on it until later in 2014.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

@truthtellah said:

@demoskinos said:

Dark Souls 2, Xillia 2, South Park, Ragnarok Odyssey ACE, Lightning Returns, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Lords of Shadow 2, and a bunch of other stuff. Which is why I kept my PS3. PS4 wont have that many games on it until later in 2014.

Oh, I was mainly referring to PS3-specific software, but sure, some of those do look like they will be decent.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

Any idea if there's an account copy or crossplay with PC? Or are the accounts totally separate? I haven't been able to find an definitive answer. I'm a big fan of the PC version. I've been practicing playing with Dualshock 4 so that I'm ready for the PS4 release.

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ilikepopcans

@sterling said:

@truthtellah said:

@demoskinos said:

I think @truthtellah is talking about first party games, which is not a bunch of stuff

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

Any idea if there's an account copy or crossplay with PC? Or are the accounts totally separate? I haven't been able to find an definitive answer. I'm a big fan of the PC version. I've been practicing playing with Dualshock 4 so that I'm ready for the PS4 release.

They have said there is crossplay, but it's unclear whether accounts will be exactly the same on both. It seems like their statements regarding gamers being able to play on both their PC and PS4 suggests that accounts should be the same across platforms, but I haven't seen them definitively say that. Still, seems very likely.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrfluke

if your looking for a big budget game to play on your new console. thief 4 is coming out at the end of February, who knows on its quality,

but the road to infamous will be stuffed with small downloadables games that people here have already listed off.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VGX is looking to be pack with announcement this year, so there is that but those games probably wont be out until Q4 2014 at least.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THRICE_604

Aside from digital only titles and indies there doesn't appear to be much of anything on any platform before March of next year. The only current gen game I think even falls between then and now is Lightning Returns.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Secret Ponchos and Mercenary Kings will be awesome. Also curious/excited for Planetside 2 and Warthunder.

I'm loving Warframe right now.

cfilipec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

the question is, and my biggest fear

is infamous going to be great or lackluster like all of these launch titles

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@cfilipec said:

Dude it looks gorgeous and good looking games are always amazing.

What's that? Killzone Shadow Fall? Oh that's just an outlier....

Ryse? oh that's more of an interactive movie, that doesn't count....

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee
    @vinny_says said:

@cfilipec said:

Dude it looks gorgeous and good looking games are always amazing.

What's that? Killzone Shadow Fall? Oh that's just an outlier....

Ryse? oh that's more of an interactive movie, that doesn't count....

The first two inFAMOUS games were absolutely stellar, so I think there's more reason to assume Second Son's going to be pretty good rather than something like Ryse. I guess you could have said the same thing about Shadow Fall, but despite their high acclaim, the player-base have a much more mixed appreciation for those games. Plus, where it usually mattered the most in Killzone--being the multiplayer--is said to still be pretty good all the same in Shadow Fall.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Sure whatever makes you feel better about these games you've never played....I mean a third game in a highly acclaimed franchise never turned out to be bad..........

never!

Juzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Juzie

@yummylee said:

The first two inFAMOUS games were absolutely stellar, so I think there's more reason to assume Second Son's going to be pretty good rather than something like Ryse. I guess you could have said the same thing about Shadow Fall, but despite their high acclaim, the player-base have a much more mixed appreciation for those games. Plus, where it usually mattered the most in Killzone--being the multiplayer--is said to still be pretty good all the same in Shadow Fall.

KZ 1 and 3 sucked. 2 seems like it's going to be a one hit wonder at this point.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Yummylee

@vinny_says: Sure, if you want to assume that every game ever is going to suck, then be my guest. I guess it's a much safer route to take, so then you're often pleasantly surprised by games that are great. But whatever, I think Second Son looks pretty good. It may not be, but given Sucker Punch's track record, I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt to assume it's going to be perfectly fine.

Also, DMC3, Gears 3, Resident Evil 3, Onimusha 3, MGS3, AC: Brotherhood, Tekken 3, Crash Bandicoot Warped, GTAIII and ect...

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By erhard

@vinny_says said:

@yummylee: Sure whatever makes you feel better about these games you've never played....I mean a third game in a highly acclaimed franchise never turned out to be bad..........

never!

Are you thick? That's not even close to what's implied by saying that there's more reason to expect Infamous to be good than there was for Ryse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who thought KZS was a good solid game? 8 or 8.5 just a fun ride from start to finish and the online is really straight forward and rewarding.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I'm just tired of everyone hailing Infamous, Destiny, Titanfall, etc. as the end all be all of gaming because they look really good in previews. It goes both ways, some devs stumble right at the finish line and some pull out some crazy shit like you've never seen even 4-5 games into a series. I'm more about being cautiously optimistic, and that's why I replied to the original comment....

@erhard:

Yeah alright there guy, how bout you calm down. You would think ya'll would learn from how sub par most of these next gen games were, but I guess you can keep on believing that pretty pictures on screen make games great. Plenty of devs have had an amazing track record and suddenly shit the bed, just saying. I mean I did play both Dragon Age games, there was plenty of reason to believe DA2 would be great....

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By afabs515

Your question basically boils down to "Is Watch Dogs coming out before inFamous?" The answer is "no"

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: I think Don't Starve is coming out January 7th. That's the only confirmed date I can find. I remember seeing that Mercenary Kings will be out in December. Also looking forward to N++ and Doki Doki Universe.

No Caption Provided

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By monkeyking1969

@turboman said:

F2P games Warthunder is coming out Friday

Loading Video...

See for me that is something I'm looking at getting, so that release alone is just as interesting to me as Infamous would be for other people. And, it is doubly interesting because it not just planes...it tank combat too...and I think I might want to be a tank in the game. From what I heard, the game plays-out on huge maps hundreds of Km wide. Warthunder is a game I will want reviewed by Giant Bomb just to see If I should pull the trigger on getting into it.

I think what is confirmed for PS4 for Nov 29th is

• Escape Plan (PSN) – Cross Buy
    • flOw (PSN) – Cross Buy
    • War Thunder (PSN) – F2P

There are some games that were supposed to come out at or near launch that have not, so my guess is those will sprinkle out in December. But major retail release will be thin in December. Then again, if most people manage to get through (try/play) the release games by the end of Dec I'd be shocked.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yummylee

@vinny_says: I don't recall much of people thinking Second Son was going to be the ''end all be all'', but rather that it got people excited because it's a new inFAMOUS game, from a top quality franchise that hasn't quite fallen off the horse just yet, and it's on next-gen hardware. It's the first truly big next-gen game that isn't constricted by some launch release deadline or whatever. Of course when all's said and done, it still primarily looks like another inFAMOUS game at a higher resolution, but for me personally that's (for now) still all I could want outta that series, as I really enjoyed its predecessors.

And as for DA2, I seem to remember a lot of people were kinda iffy about it when leading up to release.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This thread is really depressing me.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That new strider game

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The PS3 stole all the games.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I figured I'd be busy enough with all the launch games, ACIV, COD Ghosts, BF4, FIFA14, NBA2k14, etc. Here's hoping for more announcements during VGX

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

if your looking for a big budget game to play on your new console. thief 4 is coming out at the end of February, who knows on its quality,

but the road to infamous will be stuffed with small downloadables games that people here have already listed off.

Big Budget game on a new console is always nice but I was really just looking for anything original. My gaming PC just died so my backlog just shrunk to basically what I've gotten from PS+ and Peace Walker HD and I was wondering what I'll have to play after I'm done with ACIV.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@sterling: Oh yah Lords of Shadow 2! Dunno about any of that other "stuff" you mentioned, but I can totally get behind Lords of Shadow 2. Poor LOR1, so highly underrated.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'm getting Thief, I like the series and stealth games too much not to.

After that is Infamous, yeah. Not sure what else, if anything, is coming to PS4 between now and then (on disc). Luckily there is a TON of "last-gen" stuff out and coming out that we can play.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BaneFireLord

Have they said when Driveclub is releasing? That might be out before inFamous.

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DonMFJohnson

I'm currently considering playstationfourificating my life, but the lack of game releases until spring has put me on the fence. Might as well buy one next year, when there are more games and a new batch of units in stores. Until then I could just play almost everything on my PC. But on the other hand, MUST HAVE NEW ELECTRONICS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.