Is this faulty controller?

#1 Posted by Quipido (630 posts) -

I just got my PS4 today and the controller cable seems really loose. When I plug it in, I can wiggle it a bit. It works fine, but seems broken. The port on the controller is a little sunk-in. Can someone confirm this is a replacement-worthy piece?

#2 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2272 posts) -

I've got two PS4 controllers and they both look just like that and both can wiggle as well

#3 Posted by HistoryInRust (6287 posts) -

I hate, hate, hate the way that port is positioned on the controller. With the way the controller sits on a flat surface, I feel I can't set the damned thing down while it's plugged in, lest I risk the whole cable snapping off because of the angle.

#4 Edited by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

Can confirm mine wiggles to so I guess it isn't faulty.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14711 posts) -

Nah sounds about normal.

#6 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

@quipido: For comparisons sake. Sorry about picture quality, my iPods camera sucks inside my house.

#7 Edited by jsnyder82 (730 posts) -

No, they make them wiggle like that so they can take more wear and tear. It's normal, albeit a bit jarring at first.

#8 Posted by Quipido (630 posts) -

Ah, ok then, thanks everyone! I won't worry about it anymore. It just looks like it'll break any moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.