Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

November 15th for US and 29th for Europe

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Syed117

There you go.

Conference was somewhat of a letdown, but at least we have a release date. Glad they showed the interface. Seemed a little cluttered in some of the menus, but I think I like the look of it. The intro was a bit creepy though.

The cheap shots were understandable, but when almost all your exclusive titles for PS4 are indie games already available on PC, it's doesn't get you too far.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just took that week off. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Sounds about right. Those rumored October dates sounded way too early.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great, my body is ready.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

That's about what I figured. Those October rumors sounded just too out there.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Syed117

@nadafinga said:

Sounds about right. Those rumored October dates sounded way too early.

Well, it is the internet and anything that comes from the cesspool that is Neogaf usually gets taken as fact. The 15th is fine, I was expecting the first week of November.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Good dates. October was way too early.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I was hopin for a late October release date. Would have been a great WTF!-moment for the history books. Late November will do.

Residentrevil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, November 5th for Xbox One?

I guess those Neogaf guys were wrong about the PS4 release date being October. Too bad.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Sheer amount of games, indie or not, made it one of the best shows in awhile. That Shadow of the Beast teaser, holy shit, one of my Amiga classic favorites.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Tesla

I like how they showed an actual system boot up/play a game/switch programs/etc. The remote play looked really smooth too, it's good to see the basic system level stuff up and running without issue months before launch.

Rime and MurasakiBaby look cool, I just wished they would have said a little more on what Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica are working on. Oh, War Thunder looks like it has potential too!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By MildMolasses

I'm getting it as a Christmas gift, so the date doesn't really matter to me. It's nice to know that I'll have a couple of free games from my PS+ account

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@residentrevil2: Maybe for USA But im not liking there chances of getting a X1 in the UK or the selected european countries on that date.

Mest30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mest30

Kinda had my heart set on late October. Oh well, gives me two more weeks of gta 5.

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Verendus

Thank god I have FFXIV to keep my occupied. November 29th is so far away..

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm holding off on a lot of indie games so I can play them on Vita. That's going to be awesome. Rogue Legacy on the train.

Syed117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Syed117

The Vita needs to come down a little more. $150 would be much more appealing.

The whole issue with the conference and Sony's stance about the PS4 and how they are positioning it. They want to make sure that everyone knows that it's the most powerful console on the planet, but then they want to showcase almost all indie games. So buy a $400 super powerful console and then play "console exclusives" that have existed on PC for months? The key word being "debut".

Their PS4 showing was weak and all those numbers about 20 exclusives turned out to be indie games that are making their debut on PS4 first. Somehow Microsoft gets shit for calling Titanfall a console exclusive, yet Sony pushes almost 10 indie games that are all old at this point, and they get praise. It really never ends.

I wanted a gameplay trailer for The Order, but it was only mentioned. Not sure how many times they need to drag AC4, Watchdogs and KZ on the stage.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'm holding off on a lot of indie games so I can play them on Vita. That's going to be awesome. Rogue Legacy on the train.

Yeah, I've actually been holding off on rogue Legacy on the PC because I had a feeling it would come to the Vita/PS4, seems like a game that would work well on the Vita for sure.

So many great looking indie titles. Sony clearly has big titles coming out of their triple A studios next year, they don't need to shove everything out the door at launch or show all of their cards now when we still have the VGAs and TGS this year still.

Still drooling at the thought of a Shadow of the Beast reboot. Hopefully we see that in 2014.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yeah, I was on the late October bandwagon until a couple weeks ago. If they were planning on doing that, they wouldnt've waited until Gamescom to tell us.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117: I think the reason they had a underwhelming show (atleast according to you) was MS barely showed anything. There was basically nothing to counter, and with high pre order numbers there were not really a reason to "show the big guns" like ND or Santa Monica yet. They will show those games sometime in '14 when the console stop runing on launch buzz.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand why you may think that this was a bit of a let down, because I thought the same thing as well at first. Then thought why I thought that in the first place. In my opinion, I think they hit all of the big things that were concerning people out of the park early on and wanted to save the lower stuff for the Conference that is less viewed than E3.

I was happy, however, that I got my two wishes out of this conference. I wanted to see a live real-time demo of the UI which I loved. I also, like most people, wanted to know the release date.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@syed117 said:

The Vita needs to come down a little more. $150 would be much more appealing.

The whole issue with the conference and Sony's stance about the PS4 and how they are positioning it. They want to make sure that everyone knows that it's the most powerful console on the planet, but then they want to showcase almost all indie games. So buy a $400 super powerful console and then play "console exclusives" that have existed on PC for months? The key word being "debut".

Their PS4 showing was weak and all those numbers about 20 exclusives turned out to be indie games that are making their debut on PS4 first. Somehow Microsoft gets shit for calling Titanfall a console exclusive, yet Sony pushes almost 10 indie games that are all old at this point, and they get praise. It really never ends.

I wanted a gameplay trailer for The Order, but it was only mentioned. Not sure how many times they need to drag AC4, Watchdogs and KZ on the stage.

I don't really see people giving Microsoft shit for calling Titanfall an exclusive. It's more that people know it's coming out for PC, so some don't care when people bring it up as a reason for getting an Xbox One. Sony gets praise about getting indies on board at a time when Microsoft was blundering about regarding indies. And part of that is because in the past, not all indies would come out on other platforms, and if they did, it may be over a year when they did. Microsoft has been working on that, but time will still tell.

More people are quick to being defensive about Titanfall being on PCs than people are about indies.

I'm personally more excited about seeing indies on the Vita than either PS4 or Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syed117 said:

I'm fully on board with the Ps4 and have loathed Microsoft in the last few years; but I fully get where you're coming from here. If Sony has these great blockbuster titles waiting in the wings to take advantage of what is legitimately the most powerful console, then they really need to start showing them, because the lack of real meat and potatoes exclusives is by far the weak spot in Sony's armor at this point.

Focusing a lot on indies is genuinely great, getting a suite of free to play games is super cool for low-income consumers, and all those great social and media apps not being behind a paywall is cool too.. but Knack/Killzone/Driveclub don't exactly do it for me, and I'm increasingly baffled at what they're waiting for, because they obviously must have projects in the works they could be showing off. Sony has a ton of developers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.