Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Play Magazine Issue 231 Shows The PS4 Console ?

tricky69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This has been annoying me since yesterday when I saw an advert for the latest issue of Play Magazine. It showed the front cover and also what looked like the back cover too. The back cover was of a picture of what looked like the PS4 in all its glory. I saw the advert on my phone and wasn't able to get a screenshot, so I jumped on my Laptop to find the advert. Not a fucking sausage. All I can remember from the picture was that the disc drive was central to the console and not off to the side like with the PS3 and PS2. It was also mostly black with silver (maybe white) trim.

Can anyone put me outta my misery and find out if I was right in seeing what I saw or was it some mock up done by Play magazine.

Cheers.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Cirdain
    No Caption Provided

Ross Board designed the image based on Sony’s product line and history. It's just an impression.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Play commissioned artist Ross Board to design the image based on Sony’s product line and history, technology trends and the likely architecture of the PlayStation 4 itself."

Rest assured though, it'll be a big black box.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

They could have at least used the ps4 controller for the cover.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Cirdain
    tricky69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

I like that picture better than Microsoft's behemoth, but it's just an independent concept so we're still waiting. I would have thought by now someone would have smuggled out some production stills taken with a phone camera at some Chinese factory; pieces of the console but not the whole thing.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like that picture better than Microsoft's behemoth, but it's just an independent concept so we're still waiting. I would have thought by now someone would have smuggled out some production stills taken with a phone camera at some Chinese factory; pieces of of the console but not the whole thing.

Microsoft's console is not that big, it just looks big, if you look at the picture of the xbox one, look at the optical drive that's the size of a disc so the console is about 2 discs wide, this looks smaller though.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

@pop said:

Microsoft's console is not that big, it just looks big, if you look at the picture of the xbox one, look at the optical drive that's the size of a disc so the console is about 2 discs wide, this looks smaller though.

I don't know, maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but it looks pretty big to me.

No Caption Provided

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Franstone

@pop: Agreed, I don't think it's as big as people are making it out to be. (giggity)
    Also check out the controller compared to it in other pictures, looks like the box is about 2 and a half controllers wide.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@pop said:

I don't know, maybe it's just the angle of the shot, but it looks pretty big to me.

No Caption Provided

It surely looks big. Jeff saw it first hand and he said it's big. Of course it's relative what big means to you, but if you compere that monster for the current consoles it surely takes a lot more space. I thought the original PS3 was big, but I think it's small compared to the XONE.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zaccheus said:

@penguindust said:

@pop said:

No Caption Provided

It surely looks big. Jeff saw it first hand and he said it's big. Of course it's relative what big means to you, but if you compere that monster for the current consoles it surely takes a lot more space. I thought the original PS3 was big, but I think it's small compared to the XONE.

Its about the same size as the original fat PS3. Which for me isn't that big because i still have the fatty sitting right next to me, but compared too there slimmed down versions and older consoles the fat PS3 and XBONE are big.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By zaccheus

Its about the same size as the original fat PS3. Which for me isn't that big because i still have the fatty sitting right next to me, but compared too there slimmed down versions and older consoles the fat PS3 and XBONE are big.

Yeah, I guess it has a lot to do with the boxy shape that makes it look so big, PS3 has those curvy surfaces and what not that make it look less massive. XONE's volume has to be quite a bit larger than the fat PS3 even though the footprint is comparable... I don't even know why I'm engaging in this conversation, this truly doesn't matter. I still love that link you gave, so much time and effort. The internet is an amazing thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.