Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Playstation 4 with every €/$2000+ TV

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Ok so my thread title is total clickbait. But this was my idea, instead of subsidizing Sony could simply give the PS4 for free with tv's they sell. New consoles plus the coming Olympics are always times people buy new tv's and we all know Sony's tv selling business could use a boost. Personally I would find this a great deal, they sort of tried with the PS2TV but that was build in. Selling it as a single package would in my opinion be a great deal.

P.S. Could the Sony execs that obviously visit the Giant Bomb forums make this happen?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They did this at the launch of some fresh new Bravias with the PS3 in the UK back when UK:Resistance was alive, and it sold like a random marked-down cheap item at a thrashy store during black Friday opening hours. Just wait.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Two grand seems like a lot of money for a TV and a PS4 to me.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like SomeJerk said, they have done this before and more often than not they let pick what you want from their catalogue for a certain price.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why not just spend $400 on a PS4 and $400-$600 on a good HDTV? Also, I would say the Olympics that most people cares about happened last year.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Why exactly are we coming up with marketing ideas for Sony? I'm pretty sure they have a department for this kind of stuff.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why exactly are we coming up with marketing ideas for Sony? I'm pretty sure they have a department for this kind of stuff.

Because after all the DRM stuff we feel like we now can control these companies? Or random boredom.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nictel said:

@liquidprince said:

Because after all the DRM stuff we feel like we now can control these companies? Or random boredom.

I'm sure it's the "omg, hashtagging totally works!" part.
    Random boredom has nothing to do with this, you little internet-crusader! :P

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

@liquidprince said:

Somebody photoshop a crusader where the red cross is replaced by a hashtag! Thanks For Playing

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Can't you buy a pretty good TV for 1000 dollars or lower now? If that's the case, I wouldn't see many people jumping ship into that.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

@liquidprince said:

To be honest it is just marketing people from Sony pitching ideas and seeing how the people respond.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am in the market for a new TV, and I intend to buy a Playstation 4, so I say they should totally do it. However I don't think they could afford to offer too much of a deal on it, both products are too expensive to produce. Doesn't seem likely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.