Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PS4 NFS Rivals not launching Nov. 15th after all?

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Stopped by my local GameStop today to pick up my PS4 before launch to have less to worry about come Thursday night and when inquired about my copy of NFS Rivals which I even got a text from GS telling me I could pick it up today. The clerk told me they were not receiving the game until next Tuesday the 19th despite the PS4 launch date being now advertised as the 15th.

Kind of a bummer and now it seems like the confusion surrounding its release date was wrong once again and EA must be shipping both versions the same day in time for the Xbox One release.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Download it?

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v: With the file sizes of these next gen games I'm sticking with retail even if it is available. I'll wait but its kind of dumb to advertise something as a launch game and make a big deal about it moving up its release for that to totally not even be the case.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wait. You just went in and got your PS4?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am pretty sure it is coming out on the 15th. How the hell did you get your PS4?

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Marcsman

Hmmmm. I know that you cannot get a PS4 until 12:01 am Friday night. I also just checked with my Gamestop and they will have Need for Speed at the same time. Even though I offered the clerk $100, they still would no even confirm that they even had a PS4. This thread is bogus

i2v2nr20i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By i2v2nr20i

@thrice_604: Unfortunately, the word I've heard is that most big name games will not run off the disc "at all," and will install the full game to your hard drive anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping it's just a glitch in the system. Right now, Rivals is the only out of stock game that doesn't say so in it's description. The other ones say "Temporarily out of stock" or "1-3 weeks" Injustice says 1-2 months right now. Some people are reporting that Amazon told them it'll arrive Friday despite the order page telling them "We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date". Others are being told late December. It sounds like customer service doesn't even know. I was going to change that part of my order to something else, but everything is out of stock so I may as well hold on to it since I'll be waiting regardless.

theQman121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, how does that work? You just walk in and say "I want to pick up my PS4 early. Don't want to have to worry about it later." And they just give it to you? I'm suspicious.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stopped by my local GameStop today to pick up my PS4 before launch to have less to worry about come Thursday night and when inquired about my copy of NFS Rivals which I even got a text from GS telling me I could pick it up today.

Is English your first language? Because this sentence doesn't make sense. I kind of get what you were trying to say, but the actual sentence is nonsensical.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazon doesn't have a date on NFS Rivals either.

It is looking like it will miss the launch date.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I went in to Target to get my games early...NFS was the one missing, they even had all the other games that were supposed to launch the 15th (but they were told they could sell them now)...so I just got Killzone, Assassin's Creed, and Battlefield. I feel pretty good about that, but I really wanted Need for Speed. I SUPPOSE I CAN WAIT if it ends up missing the date

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It could be a matter of running out of stock. On Amazon, the first bunch of PS4 games in the B2G1 might have said in stock, but after a while with the sale ongoing, it'd say 'takes 1 or 2 days to process'. I won't be getting Injustice till Monday, for example.

@e30bmw

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Surely there's something I'm missing here. Did you mean, pay for your console?

Also this is not an issue:

No Caption Provided

Pulled from Ebay

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thrice_604: Unfortunately, the word I've heard is that most big name games will not run off the disc "at all," and will install the full game to your hard drive anyway.

But the difference is you don't have to download those huge files. Also a lot of games should have the play while it installs feature which should make it seamless.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By drac96

Hmmm. Did anyone else order it from Amazon? I ordered Rivals and Lego Marvel in the same order. Lego Marvel has a delivery estimate of this Friday, while Rivals is estimated to arrive December 26th. It's not sold out as far as I can tell.

Oh well, can't beat that sweet 2 for 1 deal.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Nekroskop
    flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am referring to the "track your order" page for my order. It says (even today!)

Other items I ordered didn't say that even before they shipped, they gave a estimated delivery date, just one that was more than a few days away.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@flippyandnod: @drac96: @e30bmw: I ordered mine from Amazon and it doesn't look like Rivals will make it by the 15th. My copies of KZ and BF have already shipped. I planned to email Amazon customer service today and double check, I really don't want to wait until the end of December (that has to be a guess, right?) I started getting a bit distressed when I saw Jeff's unboxing video. He should all the release games (even Dance Central) but not Rivals.

No Caption Provided

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THRICE_604

@e30bmw said:

@thrice_604 said:

Stopped by my local GameStop today to pick up my PS4 before launch to have less to worry about come Thursday night and when inquired about my copy of NFS Rivals which I even got a text from GS telling me I could pick it up today.

Is English your first language? Because this sentence doesn't make sense. I kind of get what you were trying to say, but the actual sentence is nonsensical.

Fired and forgot when I typed that up. Just hit post and did not look and there are grammatical errors. And hence confusion. Mostly from me forgetting to put "games" after PS4. My bad guys.

Edit haha forgot the word "are" wouldn't want people to freak out.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spraynardtatum

Rivals is the Ross and Rachel of next gen consoles. It's the Pam and Jim of PS4 releases.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If double post sorry. But to clear up some confusion my local GameStop is not receiving their shipment until November 19th and they are one of the highest volume stores in my area so for them to not be getting it is odd. They are likely not the only ones either as they are part of a larger corporate machine. Amazon has conflicting shipping information as well as others have posted. I'm just posting info as a heads up.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Very possible they just have very limited launch day stock, since it was a late addition. Still a launch game but some stores and late orders might see delays.

On the download versus disc debate: I want to own what I buy, not depend on a server to access it. Also downloading 50GB is insane. Sticking to discs for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just chatted with Amazon customer service (Madhaven). They haven't even received the game from their supplier yet. He didn't know when they would get it, but assured me that my order would be shipped as soon as they do.

Sounds like EA pushed the date to fill in the gap left by Drive Club and milk some of that launch day hype, but didn't have their supply in order. They would have shipped to retailers yesterday or today for a Tuesday release. You can press a lot of discs in four days... I bet it ends up being the 19th after all.

In other news: My PS4 just shipped. Woooo!

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By grilledcheez

My Target had it today, received a tip and went in to buy it today...so CHECK your Targets!

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I went into ebgames in Ontario, Canada yesterday and they had piles of them behind the counter. I also saw that the game is sold out at most of the futureshops in my area except for one. I'm tempted to go in and return Killzone in exchange for it.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoL, discs. Silly people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: I'm all for digital. But with 400GB of usable space, I prefer to have a disc to reinstall a game that I may have to delete to clear space. I think my internet connection is above average (150Mbps), but I'd still rather avoid 40GB downloads as long as possible. All digital is awesome on my PC where I have much more storage and I never take games anywhere. I'll be using discs on my consoles for a couple more years. Digital is only convenient if PSN is working well and lets me download as fast as possible. That's questionable on launch day.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatonedudenick: Well you can always upgrade the hard drive and I won't have a PS4 tomorrow so it doesn't bug me. Either way, I delete games after I beat them unless I want to platinum (or 100% for indies) or play them for multiplayer so I'll always have space when I get a PS4. I'll probably only keep inFamous Second Son, Killzone and Warframe on my hard drive. Besides, you won't have to wait for the whole game to download, only a fraction in order to start playing AND choose between downloading single or multiplayer first. I think it won't take long to download games on PS4. Also would like to add that I'm a PS+ member so when I download 12GB+ games that I get "free", it doesn't take long. Maybe like 2-3 hours for a 12GB game so if Sony's claims of PSN being way, way faster on PS4 then it is now, well then shit. I imagine 7GB won't take long to download. Maybe a half hour? You need 7GB downloaded to start playing Killzone while the rest downloads during gameplay.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Best Buy has them and they said they were going to be selling it at launch so I don't know what's going on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeusername: Yeah I see what you're saying. To each his own :) It's nice that we have the option now to pick our preference. I may end up getting the digital version instead of Amazon and their supplier don't figure out what's going on soon. lol.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, Amazon has shipped my copies of AC IV and Killzone that I got with that buy two get one deal, but not my copy of Need for Speed Rivals.

I'm a little upset by this.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Game Informer played it on their live stream yesterday, but I don't recall if it was off a disc.

But I can say that it's the only game of 4 that hasn't shipped from Amazon yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got an update from amazon. I will receive my NFS Rivals on the 18th.

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting on mine to ship from Amazon, as well. If this is the biggest glitch I have for these two launches, I'll definitely take it as a nice midweek surprise to play next week.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angry joe had it on a box copy i think it is out in the us at least maybe the stores did not noticed that ea moved the date for this game

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AcidBrandon18

@djou: Same thing happened to me. I talked to customer support and changed it to 1 day shipping for free. Still hasn't updated its estimate tho.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So do we know whats going on over at Amazon? Are they just out of stock of Rivals or something?

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By flippyandnod

Amazon says they haven't received their shipment from EA yet. They didn't really sell out, they didn't get any.

Update: Amazon sent out an email this morning with a revised delivery date (it had none before), the say I'll receive it on the 20th (Tuesday).

Seems like the release date wasn't really brought forward for discs, just DL copies.

jasonwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a disc at my local Futureshop. There was a couple copies on display right at the front and I just grabbed it.

kurtkless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got one but I had to hunt for it... One local target (the one I got ps4 from on launch day) claimed it was not for sale til next week, so some people in your area might not have heard that it was moved up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.