What do you want to add to PlayStation 4

• 123 results
#51 Edited by Gelf513 (73 posts) -

halo

#52 Posted by BrockSampson (299 posts) -

Innovation.

#53 Edited by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

You record your gameplay to the console, and upload it to sony's servers for approval. The best gameplay gets labeled as "official walkthrough" on the game's page in the PSN store and the creator gets a t-shirt in the mail or something.

Oh and muthafukkin faceplates!

#54 Edited by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

I'm going to stick with my crazy prediction from E3 and say Gabe comes out and says the PS4 will actually be the steambox and will have Oculus Rift support!! Oh and Last Guardian...

#55 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

I kind of wish it had Twitch instead of uStream, but at the same time it doesn't matter enough to me for it to be a deal breaker.

Maybe this will give uStream some much needed promotional activity.

#56 Edited by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

I kind of wish it had Twitch instead of uStream, but at the same time it doesn't matter enough to me for it to be a deal breaker.

Maybe this will give uStream some much needed promotional activity.

Or maybe everyone finds out uStream ends up being better than Twitch instead. Who knows

#57 Edited by Lexus2jz (92 posts) -

A better UI.

#58 Posted by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

@lexus2jz said:

A better UI.

I have to disagree. But only because the UI has barely been seen. I'd like to see it all before I'd make my opinion. That's just me though.

#59 Posted by Hunter5024 (5969 posts) -

I kind of just want backwards compatibility. I can't see myself using any of the other features, and if they did have it, I could sell my ps3 and make a lot of money.

#60 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3906 posts) -

Can PlayStation users visit a webpage that shows you which of your friends are currently playing the PS3, and what games they're playing?

If not, then that. It's really useful.

#61 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

Oculus Rift support.

Yoshida actually teased that quite a bit already. They are saying they are having a few devkits already but they are not working on the PS4 YET. So it would not surprise me if they will add it or even announce it before the launch.

What I want is that I can download any voices for a game that exist. For example if I buy the German version of the game I want to be able to download the Italian Language pack or for me if I buy a JRPG I want the Japanese voice file pack for every game. Just like Steam does it with most games.

#62 Posted by Caustic_Fox (112 posts) -

Sony just give me my damn PS2 BC. The 60GB PS3 might have been a piece of shit on reliability terms, but it also had the full feature-set. You might have fixed the YLoD problems in the later revisions, but you also fucking removed so many features later on that made them not even worth picking up anymore.

Make it so the PS4 can still use analog audio.

Also, give us blu-ray drives last a little bit longer this time around m'kay?

#63 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

Honestly, nothing. Maybe a design change to make ti stand out a little more, as it looks kind of bland and extremely similar to the Xbox One. It just has a little slant and a crack.

#64 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2616 posts) -

Can PlayStation users visit a webpage that shows you which of your friends are currently playing the PS3, and what games they're playing?

If not, then that. It's really useful.

You can but it's not very good. At least in comparison to Xbox.

#65 Posted by Gruebacca (570 posts) -

It's hard to tell what all the features of the PS4 are going to be, so I'm just gonna suggest that Sony cover one of their SKUs full of lasers. Hell, it kind of looks like something out of Tron. Why not go all out and put a bunch of Tron lines on it?

#66 Edited by SMGBlanket (20 posts) -

Killzone:Shadowfall Packed-In with it

#67 Posted by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

It's hard to tell what all the features of the PS4 are going to be, so I'm just gonna suggest that Sony cover one of their SKUs full of lasers. Hell, it kind of looks like something out of Tron. Why not go all out and put a bunch of Tron lines on it?

This was a concept from a while ago. This would have been an awesome idea as well.

#68 Posted by awesomeusername (4218 posts) -

Twitch streaming and the Xbox One's force feedback triggers.

This. Also, I'd like to say "PS4 on" and more voice stuff for the PS4 camera like to put on certain music, games, etc. 1TB hard drive. Dedicated servers. Titanfall. Force feedback like the Xbone controller. More apps and an easy way to tweet while playing games and stuff without having to go the Twitter app.

#69 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -
  • More shoulderbuttons (preferably something different than a regular button, like a mousewheel button or camera-style analog zoom switch).
  • Touchscreen between grips and below thumbsticks for organic QWERTY-style typing.
  • Push-to-Talk mandatory for VoIP with dedicated button on the gamepad
  • Standard modular microphone on the gamepad as headset alternative
  • Finally bringing decent VoD and Netflix-style streaming services to all regions.
#70 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

When you power it up, it starts making a spin-up noise like there's some giant generator or engine slowly beginning to run an incredibly powerful device.

#71 Posted by Jojojimmeny (60 posts) -

For me it's probably backwards compatibility. Mainly because that would have saved me some money finally buying a PS3 the other week so that I can go back and play the handful of really interesting PS3 exclusive franchises I've always wanted to see for myself.

#72 Posted by Hector (3380 posts) -

Twitch streaming and the Xbox One's force feedback triggers.

This... I don't know why they went with UStream. Is Twitch under a contract with MS?

#73 Posted by SeanFoster (889 posts) -

The only thing I'd add to Wii U, Xbox One OR PS4 is some goddamned games. Slim pickings!

#74 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

They've already said you can stream PS4 games to your vita... but I'd like it to go the other way. I want to stream Vita games to my PS4 and play them on my TV.

#75 Posted by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

A fat burning grill.

#76 Posted by egg (1469 posts) -

@lord_xp said:

The title basically explains itself. If you can add a feature, hardware, software, or anything in-between what would you add?

- PS3 controller support

- PC gamepad support

- remappable controls in the OS

#77 Posted by spraynardtatum (3716 posts) -

The ability to opt out of data mining.

#78 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

The ability to play games from every console ever made.

#79 Edited by spookytapes (269 posts) -

the ability to change my PSN name, a spotify app, twitch

#80 Posted by cloudnineboya (847 posts) -

coke dispenser and some crisps .

#81 Edited by Quarters (1883 posts) -

Full, whole legacy, disc based backwards compatibility. I understand why it isn't happening, but that's definitely what I would want, just so I could get rid of everything else.

#82 Posted by Yummylee (22574 posts) -

Cross-game party chat is a must. Fortunately I'm pretty sure it's already confirmed to be in there.

#83 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

A flesh pillow.

#84 Edited by SuperCycle (333 posts) -

I'd like to be able to have an external hard drive set up and be able to install games onto it. I'd also hope that digital games become cheaper than physical games, and i hope psn has a lot of sales like steam does.

#85 Posted by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Cross-game party chat is a must. Fortunately I'm pretty sure it's already confirmed to be in there.

Cross game chat is confirmed! Thank god!

#86 Edited by Badass_Master_Blaster (29 posts) -

SSD

#87 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Too be honest, I just want more software that dives into the PS1's earlier catalog.

• Syphon Filter
  • Jet Moto
  • Colony Wars...heck just a space sim on consoles would suffice
  • Legend of Dragoon

I know these are all pipe dreams, but oh well. The ability to stream older games via Gaikai would be great as well.

#88 Posted by Corvak (1173 posts) -

green fire.

#89 Posted by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

@corvak: what will be the purpose of this green fire?

#90 Posted by Lava (672 posts) -

I want the ability to upgrade a sub account to a master account and I want to be able to change my PSN ID. I want to use the social media features and keep all my trophies at the same time. Too much to ask?

#91 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2411 posts) -

For the controllers to take AA batteries

#92 Edited by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

@oscar__explosion: Although, the battery life would be great as long as they are rechargeable. If this came true, there would be some sacrificed features just so they could fit. I have a feeling these controllers will be able to last longer. The dualshock 3 never seemed give me any problems for battery life.

@lava: I think the changing your psn name is kind of a bad idea. Just because that some asshole can be shitty in a game and then just change their name, get kicked and come back and no one will really know. Plus that sounds like a lot of problems that could ensue.

#93 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2411 posts) -

@lord_xp: my problem with the battery isn't the life of It bit the fact that if it goes bad you have to chuck the entire controller and buy a new one. Which is super lame.

#94 Edited by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -
#95 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

A new Jet Moto. Give it to me, give it to me now.

#97 Posted by Ryanmgraef (234 posts) -

Complete home screen customization. Let me put my shit where I want it!

#98 Posted by brutushayesosu (141 posts) -

HBOGo

#99 Posted by chiablo (999 posts) -

PC support for the controller. Honestly, I'm more interested in the PS4 controller for use on the computer than the XBox One controller. Using the touch screen to control the mouse cursor would be awesome.

#100 Posted by Lord_Xp (606 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.