Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

What happened to remote play?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but Remote Play is almost useless now. When I first got my PS4 I used to use remote play with the Vita a LOT. I beat most of Assassins Creed 4 by way of Remote Play, and it would only occasionally lag and lose connection. I'm talking.... once in a two hour sitting maybe. Now, I play on the Vita for 5 minutes if I'm lucky before it loses connection. Sometimes right off the bat it is lagging and unplayable.

So my question is, what happened? Could it be something on my end or an option that got turned on? My internet has seen a huge jump in speed since changing to my ISP's newest modem, and I currently have my PS4 set up via Ethernet. I'm just super frustrated because one of my favorite features about the PS4 was Remote Play, but after an update it became flat out unusable. Thanks for any help, hopefully I can figure out what's up.

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Remote play of the PS4 works just fine for me using my Vita and my Playstation TV. I previously had a hard time using it but recently on the Bombcast they mentioned a setting that was a bit unclear what it did but it seemed like I should have it on. However, after the discussion on the Bombcast I turned it off and after that it's worked fantastically. The option was turned on by default, I turned it off and have seen vast improvements.

It's a setting called Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode, I believe it is in the Power Save options when you go into the setting menu (not in the network settings). Not sure if that will help you but it sure helped me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried that too, which I did have on, so big thanks to the Bomb Squad with that one. Still unusable though.

ferenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remote play is working better than ever for me since the recent patch that allowed me to bump up the framerate to 60fps and fixed the sound de-sync bug. I think any issues you're experiencing are most likely due to a hardware issue or networking problems on your end, or some bug that is specific to your setup/environment.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Have you tried a fresh wipe? Clear your wi fi settings on PS4 and Vita, restart your router, and set em up again. I would also do the Internet Connection Test and note what it tells you about your connection (nat type, etc). Then you could google that and see if people have run in to problems with your settings. Haven't noticed anything strange myself and a cursory google doesn't seem to reveal an uptake in remote play problems unfortunately/fortunately. So some elbow grease required! Good luck!

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It doesn't work well for me either and honestly even seeing comments about all the fuckery one has to do to make it work is kind of a piss off. This shit should just work, for everyone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally appreciate the feedback! Looks like some work is ahead of me, but if it gets me a slick remote play experience back, I'm down!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.