Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Characters from various Sony franchises, and several guests from multi-platform games of the time. Battle it out in this crossover platform fighting game intended to compete with Nintendo's Super Smash Bros.!

Unannounced PlayStation All-Stars Characters, Stages Buried in Beta Code

• 174 results
    rox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By rox360
    @Hailinel said:
    Still looks like a poor man's Smash Bros. Sony should have tried something original.
    Not to reignite this debate, but what do you mean "something original"? Like a mascot-based... shooter? That doesn't seem like it would work. A mascot-based racing game? As if there isn't hundreds of those already. Mascot-based... strategy? That might step on the toes of something like Blizzard All-Stars... not to mention it doesn't sound like fun. And any other style of fighting game would just look less like Smash Bros. and more like one of those zany Capcom crossover games. Matter of fact is, a mascot-based anything is automatically going to seem like a rip-off. If you want something actually original, just go play another Playstation game.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#152  Edited By Hailinel
    @Rox360 Like something that doesn't look like it's aping another game to a ridiculous degree. Dissidia is a mascit brawler and plays nothing like Smash Bros in any way.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#153  Edited By Phished0ne

You guys are right, the characters in this game are so boring. You know, as boring as Lucas from Earthbound, or the Ice Climbers.

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

The inclusion of Sir Dan makes this an essential purchase. I would love to see another sequel to that game!

@UsbCable said:

They own The Legend of Dragoon, no? I wouldn't mind seeing a Dragoon up in there. They should keep the audio from the original game and make them say the name of their attacks. :p

DEATH DIMENSION!! AHH ahhaAHHAHA!!

Maitimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Maitimo

Half good, half bad. A few really poor picks that sort of undermine the idea of "celebrating" Playstation's history. NuDante in particular is a pretty disgusting choice when his game's both multiplat and unreleased.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By huser

@Cyrisaurus said:

I'll say this:

These files are from the beta. The beta is from a build of the game they used to first announce the game in April. So it's probably a build from last year. (Also, there is a screenshot in the files that shows a date of 2/24/2011, so theres that)

Yeah, this is legit and reveals characters and levels in the game, but there is NO REASON to believe that it is final, or that it confirms a lack of certain characters or levels.

There is still hope for Crash, Spyro, etc.

Time will tell.

Anyways, Sir Daniel making it in is more important to me than anything else. I'm glad they got him in.

Also, que people crying about day 1 DLC when they have already confirmed that everything on the disc is unlocked and there will be no day 1 DLC

Good voice of reason, though it's also clear some later stuff has been included as well, certainly after a Feb last year date anyways.

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Icecreamjones

Eww, fake Dante

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#158  Edited By dbz1995

Hey guys! Guys! It's Sir Daniel Fortescue, see? The he-ro of Gallowmere who fell at the first charge. The fog of war and the shrouds of time conspired to turn the arrow fodder into the saviour of the day. 

I used to religiously play the demo version of the game, and this has stuck in my head since.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By AMyggen

Where's the women at?

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Where is my PS1 Demo Dinosaur ?

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the files date back to 2011, and we know they'll be more than 20 characters in the game, so I'm sure there's a few more characters on the way. That said all the stages look legit, and the Bioshock and LocoRoco stages especially look fantastic.

BlueWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By BlueWolverine

Sony is the worst at keeping secrets.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@Phished0ne said:

You guys are right, the characters in this game are so boring. You know, as boring as Lucas from Earthbound, or the Ice Climbers.

>Lucas from "EarthBound" is boring.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

And oh god Sony, please reel in the look of this game, each Smash Bros game some kind central basic look for it's characters (especially Brawl) and this game looks all over the place and pretty flat. It doesn't seem crisp or vibrant, just like some damn alpha/beta version.

Nillcox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#164  Edited By Nillcox

I think it's clear from all the data we have seen extracted from the beta that this list is incomplete. And as shitty as Donte is he doesn't detract from this games roster as a whole. Hell he'll probably be actually fun to play as in this (as opposed to new DmC), and he'll get to be in at least one game that can run at 60fps. Also would've preferred Snake over Raiden, but I like them both so it's a non-issue. Ratchet and Sackboy were always obvious inclusions, but nice to see them confirmed. Ambivalent about Nariko and evil Cole. Sir Dan and Spike are absolutely fantastic additions and I'm incredibly happy they made it in. Stages look good for the most part, and I'm sure some of the more boring looking ones will liven up once we see the crossover aspects. Overall I'd say I'm pleased, but I doubt this is everything, considering this all adds up to only twenty characters, and it's been confirmed multiple times that there are more than twenty. Considering every character has a rival that means 2 more fighters at the very least. Also, to those whining about the pre-order costumes, they already confirmed when they revealed them that the game will also have unlockable costumes included.

Nizzleworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Nizzleworth

Wow, MediEvil. Haven't thought about that game in a while.

Ronald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#166  Edited By Ronald

No Mister Mosquito? No sale.

slayergnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#167  Edited By slayergnome

@JamesJeux007: Hell yea. Man I would not mind a new one of these

Kajy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Kajy

That's DmC Dante.

That's not DMC1~4 Dante.

Go fuck yourself Sony.

Nillcox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#169  Edited By Nillcox

@Kajy: Blame Capcom, it was probably him or nothing. Not really a surprise considering the dumb shit Capcom has pulled recently.

ashcrack1087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ashcrack1087

Guess I should get this cause MediEvil best game ever

facetheglue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By facetheglue

Very interested in this game. Can't wait to see more.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#172  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Dan_CiTi said:

And oh god Sony, please reel in the look of this game, each Smash Bros game some kind central basic look for it's characters (especially Brawl) and this game looks all over the place...

I expected to have absolutely zero interest in this game (granted it's still fairly low) but something about the jarringly mish-mashed look of the game and it's characters is kind of, somehow, working for me.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#173  Edited By wrighteous86

Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, Cloud, Pyramid Head; all good choices.

billhixson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By billhixson

This always happens. Love it!

Gilc123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Gilc123

Crash Bandicoot :(

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By mrpandaman

@ProfessorEss said:

@Dan_CiTi said:

And oh god Sony, please reel in the look of this game, each Smash Bros game some kind central basic look for it's characters (especially Brawl) and this game looks all over the place...

I expected to have absolutely zero interest in this game (granted it's still fairly low) but something about the jarringly mish-mashed look of the game and it's characters is kind of, somehow, working for me.

Yeah... this game needs to look as crazy as possible + it's really hard to get a central look for the game when the games all look wildly different from each other. Most of SSB's characters are cartoony in nature whereas the characters in All-Stars are a mix of cartoony characters and characters striving to look realistic.

I kind of imagined Ico and Yorda being in the game and playing like a hybrid of Captain Olimar and the Ice Climbers.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#177  Edited By falling_fast

why is Kazuma Kiryu not in this game

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Cyrisaurus

So the President of SuperBot Entertainment confirmed that the leak is not the final roster.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/02/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-public-beta-this-fall/

"In addition, there was an unexpected and unintended leak in our beta that allowed fans to be able to see some additional content. We’ve enjoyed reading all of the fan reaction and are thrilled that so many of you are excited to learn more about our character roster and level mash-ups, however we are still in development and the leaked content does not fully represent the final product nor the incredible efforts that were made to make these elements truly spectacular. This will be evident in the coming weeks as this content is officially revealed, beginning with our next character announcement at Gamescom in a couple of weeks."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.