Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Now

Concept »

Sony's game streaming service for PS4 and PC.

Open Beta is live, and, uh...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By onan

Kind of a downer.

I own a lot of PS3 digital games, and none of them are available. I actually started purchasing more after I heard a rumor that we'd be able to stream them on PS4. Not so.

Looks like everything is a rental. There are no purchases. Depending on popularily of a game, you can spend

$3-8 on a 4 hour rental

$6-12 on a 7 day rental

$8-23 on a 30 day rental

$15-50 on a 90 day rental

(There are tiers between these, just looked at the cheapest and most expensive items. Everything is X.99, so I just rounded up to the nearest dollar.)

To make matters worse, there are no demos on the service, either for games, or to showcase the technology to people who weren't in the closed beta.

This is a HUGE misstep. Hopefully they reconsider their offerings and change the service accordingly like they did with PS Plus, but for the moment, they've delivered a turd. I honestly don't see there being many takers.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RonGalaxy

There's already a thread that covers this stuff well enough (though its in the ps4 section when it should be in the psnow section)

Here's the thread

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3 FinalDasa  Moderator

Since we have the alternative thread to cover PS Now, I'll be locking this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.