Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

August games a bust

• 63 results
    Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Solh0und
    @NovaDTH said:

We're getting 2 more games next week

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By MetalBaofu

@TheHT said:

So is there a different word or phrase they need to use to reflect the difference?

As I said in my post, rental is more accurate. Like with Netflix and Gamefly, you are free to "rent" all you want at no additional cost other than the monthly(yearly) fee, but once your subscription is over you lose access. I can understand, though, why Sony would want to avoid using the word "rental." Sony could just not use a specific word at all, and simply say things like, "Here are the games for PS plus members this month," etc.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BrockNRolla

@MetalBaofu said:

@TheHT said:

So is there a different word or phrase they need to use to reflect the difference?

As I said in my post, rental is more accurate. Like with Netflix and Gamefly, you are free to "rent" all you want at no additional cost other than the monthly(yearly) fee, but once your subscription is over you lose access. I can understand, though, why Sony would want to avoid using the word "rental." Sony could just not use a specific word at all, and simply say things like, "Here are the games for PS plus members this month," etc.

I think you're right. "Rental" is probably the most honest way of describing what you're getting from the service, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as "free."

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By awesomeusername

Sucks for you man but I got my subscription at the end of Jun because all the free games. There were only 2 games I didn't play. inFAMOUS 2 because I beat and platinum'd it and Saints Row 2 because I have no interest in it. Asides from Sideway: New York, Hard Corps: Uprsisin & Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone, all the games since June are fantastic. Also haven't had a chance to play Virtua Fighter 5 and Choplifter HD so those don't count as some of the fantastic games, they'll probably end up in the bad games section above either way though.

On top of that, my parents haven't bought me a game since the inFAMOUS release in 2009 and I had to pay some money to get it too(only $15 but whatevs). So now all I can do is borrow games or save money to get games. And boy does saving take me forever since I'm jobless and I only get money on Christmas, New Years, my birthday or whenever I see my grandmother and those are usually only about $30. Only $10 when I see my grandmother on non-holidays. So PS+ is a god send to me. If it weren't for +, I probably wouldn't have touched my PS3 this whole summer.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By MetalBaofu

@awesomeusername said:

Also haven't had a chance to play Virtua Fighter 5 and Choplifter HD so those don't count as some of the fantastic games, they'll probably end up in the bad games section above either way though.

Choplifter isn't all that great at all. Virtua Fighter is great, though. As long as you like fighting games and/or Virtua Figther games, I guess.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By TheHT

@MetalBaofu said:

@TheHT said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@MetalBaofu said:

@TheHT said:

I think you're right. "Rental" is probably the most honest way of describing what you're getting from the service, but it doesn't sound nearly as good as "free."

Thus, OP is justified in complaining.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By EightBitShik

@xaLieNxGrEyx: You mean like when someone is complaining about someone complaining? If my disappointment is complaining then your comment is border line crying.

I want to make it clear, I'm not angry, not annoyed and I am not demanding. It's not like I got two free games randomly and I'm like "wow that is it?"

I personally said after such an amazing month I'm pretty disappointed about August. Granted I personally feel that the items in June were worth the whole summer for me. GOD FORBID that I am disappointed. If I pay for a month of Netflix and I don't find a single thing I want to watch on it I will be disappointed as well I won't demand my money back and this is how I feel about August sucks I paid for the month of August when I truly didn't get anything out of it. I don't use the other services so if I keep getting disappointed then I might cancel just because I'm getting nothing of value out of the deal.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WMWA
    @Demoskinos

Stuff like this is why ultimately to me PSN+ is a waste. Sure, you get free games but your at the mercy of Sony to pick good shit that you want to actually play and don't already own.

As opposed to getting what out of Xbox live, exactly? It's a steal by comparison
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By musubi

@wmaustin55 said:

@Demoskinos

Stuff like this is why ultimately to me PSN+ is a waste. Sure, you get free games but your at the mercy of Sony to pick good shit that you want to actually play and don't already own.

As opposed to getting what out of Xbox live, exactly? It's a steal by comparison

I can't argue that XBL's price tag is becoming a increasingly outdated model BUT I actually use XBL when I had PS+ for the two months I had it I hardly ever used anything. The one thing that IS nice about XBL is because it is all centralized and P2P connected most of the time companies don't have to host servers meaning I can still play 7 year old games like DOA 4 online if I so choose. On PS3 these servers are maintained by the companies themselves and often get pulled down.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Anupsis

They just added Outland and the new Bloodrayne game. GO GO GO

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By camp7203

CS: GO, and sound shapes is a pretty good August in my book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Walking Dead is #2 on my GOTY list right now, and Outland is 5th on last year. I'd pay 5 dollars to play those. I've paid 35 for them.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By killacam

@Brodehouse said:

Walking Dead is #2 on my GOTY list right now, and Outland is 5th on last year. I'd pay 5 dollars to play those. I've paid 35 for them.

$5 for a goty contender... you really have this money thing figured out.

edit: y'know what? i misinterpreted your post as a slam against ps+. carry on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.