Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Confused on how this works... :) -vita-

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daveydave

Hi all!

I am probably being really stupid, but I am a little confused on how playstation plus works. I bought the option for around 100days

near the end of December, and got access to Gravity rush, mortal kombat, etc. Now I saw the release schedule for January, and it

seems mortal kombat is now going away for free. Does this mean I cannot play it any more, or does it mean as long as it stays on my memory

card I can play it, it just won't be up for download again?

Sorry if I seem a bit stupid, its late and I wouldn't mind it explained for me

Thanks in advance.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

As long as you added the game to your cart and checked out with it, you'll have access to it for as long as you're a Plus subscriber even when that game moves out of the Instant Game Collection rotation.

If you don't renew your subscription, you'll lose access to those games. But if you renew the subscription, even after not being a Plus member for a while, you'll regain access to those games.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

As long as you "purchased" it while it was free you can always download it while your ps plus sub is active.

One thing to consider with vita games, if you delete game, it also deletes your save.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Exactly that, as long as you download it during the time its on the store then you can keep and play it for as long as you have a PS+ subscription.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daveydave

thank you very much guys! so if needed I can delete it, and then re-download it at a later date? Plus, its pretty annoying how the saves are attached to the file. Silly way to do it...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

@Daveydave said:

so if needed I can delete it, and then re-download it at a later date?

Correct! As long as you're a PS+ subscriber.

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By quinistheman

It is annoying how they handle saves but you can back the game up to a PS3 or PC then reload it complete with save. Just use the content manager to copy it over.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By awesomeusername

@Daveydave: Put your saves in the cloud. It's located in the content manager as Online Storage, the 3rd option. Then you will always have your saves!

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By GalacticPunt

@Daveydave said:

thank you very much guys! so if needed I can delete it, and then re-download it at a later date? Plus, its pretty annoying how the saves are attached to the file. Silly way to do it...

I know, it's a terrible design decision about iPhone games as well.

But trip on this. Since you have PS+ for a while, you can use the cloud save feature on the Content Manager app. You can back up your save, then delete the game. Your save is waiting on the interwebs for when you put the game back on your Vita.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Daveydave

@awesomeusername said:

@Daveydave: Put your saves in the cloud. It's located in the content manager as Online Storage, the 3rd option. Then you will always have your saves!

@GalacticPunt said:

@Daveydave said:

I know, it's a terrible design decision about iPhone games as well.

But trip on this. Since you have PS+ for a while, you can use the cloud save feature on the Content Manager app. You can back up your save, then delete the game. Your save is waiting on the interwebs for when you put the game back on your Vita.

I forgot all about that, thank you very much for the reminder! Is it just for ps+ games?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By awesomeusername

@Daveydave: It's for all games and apps like Skype, Twitter, etc. You're only allowed to use it as long as you have PS+ though. So when your PS+ runs out, your saves are locked in there until you resubscribe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.