PlayStation Plus in November (NA) | RE5: Gold Edition

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

New Free PS3 Games

New Free Vita Games

Available Free Retail Games

Available Free PSN Games

Discounts

• Portal 2 (Regular: $19.99 | Discounted: $13.99)
  • Portal 2 In Motion (Regular: $9.99 | Discounted: $6.99)
  • When Vikings Attack (Regular: $9.99 | Discounted: $6.99) [Cross-Buy on PS Vita and PS3]
  • WWE ’13 Fan Axxess (Regular: $19.99 | Discounted: $10.00)
  • Machinarium (Regular: $9.99 | Discounted: $6.99)
  • Sorcery (Regular: $19.99 | Discounted: $15.99)[November 20]

PlayStation Plus official blog

Today's update in image form:

PlayStation Plus official blog

There's some other discounts such as KoF XIII and Hell Yeah! DLC as well as avatars and themes. There's also the usual free avatars and themes.

I'm glad that we get Resident Evil 5 as I haven't had the opportunity to play that game before now and since it's free I might as well download it. This month should be when Vita content is added to PS Plus, so I'm interested in seeing what will come from that.

#2 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Any idea what us guys in the UK get, it's usually different.

#3 Posted by BlackLagoon (1385 posts) -

@Hizang: EU gets Crysis 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, and Cubixx HD.

#4 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -
#5 Posted by Noli (99 posts) -

I would like sooo much Dirt 3 for us UK guys :D

#6 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

I was really tempted to buy RE5 Gold a couple of months ago with the UK guys got it. I'm so glad I waited.

#7 Posted by BlackLagoon (1385 posts) -

So, apparently dual-joystick shooter Big Sky Infinity is coming to PS Plus soon. Unclear if it's the PS3 version, the Vita one, or both.

#8 Posted by Solh0und (1759 posts) -

So in other words, next month is probably Deus Ex or Red Dead.

We're basically getting the scraps of what UK got previously.

#9 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

So is anyone aware of when Sony's supposed to send those $20 rebates for those who spent $100 or more in October?

Got the info:

Update: U.S. users who purchased $100 of PSN content in October will earn their bonus $20 credit between 11/9 and 11/16 via XMB message!
#10 Posted by SMTDante89 (2550 posts) -

Just thought you should know that One Piece is no longer discounted, and there might be a couple of others that are no longer available as well.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#12 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Id like to see crysis 2 come over as a free one like uk has. Otherwise Quantum Conundrum will be pretty great since I have been pushing it off buying it on steam.

#13 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Pac-Man DX and Renegade Ops will no longer be available tomorrow.

#14 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5808 posts) -

so is Quantum Conundrum any good

#15 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Holy crap:

PS+ has finally come to the Vita in a big way. I already own WipEout and Gravity Rush, but HOLY CRAP. This is all part of the 2.00 Vita update:

#16 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

Quantum Conundrum, nice. I was curious about that game, but not enough to actually spend money on it. Problem solved.

#17 Posted by Duffyside (885 posts) -

Playstation Plus is so incredible. The best thing out of this entire generation.

#18 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: Lawd have mercy. I think it's time I got a Vita.

#19 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

Is it just me or is Quantum Conundrum free but when I add it to my cart it wants me to pay for it?

#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2550 posts) -

@PlasmaBeam44: Sounds like a common problem since last week, apparently some people had the same problem with RE5: Gold last week. They'll probably have it fixed in a few hours.

#21 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

I already own RE 5 on PC but I thought I might at least try it, since it's free, on the PS3 and I have to say it was rough. The frame-rate is shit.

#22 Posted by Opus (148 posts) -

Store seems busted today; Quantum Conundrum should be free for PS+ users, but it still tries to charge me when checking out, hopefully it's fixed by tomorrow rather than waiting until next Tuesday.

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@Opus said:

Store seems busted today; Quantum Conundrum should be free for PS+ users, but it still tries to charge me when checking out, hopefully it's fixed by tomorrow rather than waiting until next Tuesday.

That's a new "feature" of the new store. Basically, they are going to charger $0.00 for the free game. I had the same thing happen to me with RE 5.

#24 Posted by Opus (148 posts) -

@JasonR86: It said $14.99 in my cart, so perhaps I backed out too early. I'll try again right now and see if it's the same in the checkout window, thanks!

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

#26 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Firmware update is available for vita but no PS+ info surfaced anywhere. Must need a separate store update... This could take a while.

#27 Posted by BlackLagoon (1385 posts) -

@NekuCTR: Cloud saves are available in the Content Manager app, and auto-downloads in the settings, but as always you have to wait for the store update for new content.

#28 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Store is now updated. Yay free games and P4G!

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Just discounts for the last week of November:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.