The WipEout 2048 wiki last edited by Shad0w59 on 08/26/13 02:10AM
View full history
Like the other Wipeout games propel players at breakneck speeds around many courses. The games tracks run through more city and urban environments giving it a more modern feel other than the fact you are still piloting advanced, jet propelled hover vehicles.
2048 is also stated to have interconnecting game play between the Vita and the PS3 platform. Multi-player is said to be able to occur between both platforms so a person on the PS3 can play the same race with a Vita owner.
The soundtrack is a mix of old versus new tracks from the Wipeout universe, featuring remixes of classic song from the series, including a 2011 rebuilt of "We Have Explosives".
- Anile - "Change of Direction (WipEout mix)"
- Camo+Krooked - "Breezeblock (WipEout mix)"
- The Chemical Brothers - "Electronic Battle Weapon 3"
- Deadmau5 - "Some Chords (WipEout mix)"
- DirtyLoud - "School of Funk"
- DJ Fresh feat. Sian Evans - "Louder (Drum Sound & Baseline Smith Mix)"
- Future Sound of London - "We Have Explosives (2011 Rebuilt) [WipEout Mix]"
- Kraftwerk - "Tour de France 2003 (WipEout edit)"
- Noisia - "Regurgitate (WipEout 2048 edit)"
- Orbital - "Beezledub"
- Orbital - "P.E.T.R.O.L. (Final drop mix)"
- The Prodigy - "Invaders Must Die (Liam H re-amped mix)"
- Rockwell - "BTKRSH (WipEout edit)"
- Underworld - "Kittens (Will Saul and Tam Cooper remix)"
A Facebook page had originally been created demanding the game to have songs from Tim Wright, also known as CoLD SToRAGE, whose songs were prominent in the very first Wipeout game. Even though it isn't the case, the composer promised to create new songs for the game's launch.
In addition to the retail release, Wipeout 2048 was also released as a download on the Playstation Network. The download is 1.6GB in size.