Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Get your Vita one week early with First Edition Bundle.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

So it looks like Sony is releasing the Vita one week early if you order the First Edition Bundle. Here's the gist of it:

The U.S. bundle includes a PS Vita 3G + Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $349.99 (MSRP). The Canadian bundle includes a Wi-Fi model, a limited edition case, 4GB PS Vita Memory Card, and Little Deviants game for $299.99 (MSRP). Best of all, you can pick up the PS Vita First Edition Bundle on February 15, 2012, so this is your chance to play before everyone else.

Anyone else going to take advantage of this? I have my Vita pre-ordered in full already and since I was going to get both a 4GB card and Little Deviants at launch I'm going to upgrade to this ASAP.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RE_Player1

No one is interested in this? This is the one time us Canadians aren't getting shafted.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheHBK

No thanks. Although it is exciting, I just dont feel like playing a Vita. And in the US you have to pay the extra 50 bucks for 3G that I don't want.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @msavo said:

No one is interested in this? This is the one time us Canadians aren't getting shafted.

Which is pretty awesome; I will be getting this. I have little interest in Little Deviants, but the 4GB Memory Card is already $40 plus I'll be getting this a week early, so that's nice.
    Starclopsofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Starclopsofish

Wait, so does this require a contract? Even if it doesn't, I don't know if 1 game I wasn't going to get + a small memory card + a case >= $100...

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

@Starclopsofish: Yeah the US bundle kind of sucks. But for $50 more compared to the standard Wi-Fi bundle it's a steal for me seeing as I would of bought a memory card anyway.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By devilzrule27

Gonna have my sister who is right on the border of Canada pick this up for me unless they decide to offer the non-3G bundle in the US as well.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RE_Player1

@devilzrule27: I don't think they will. Sony knows people think AT&T is shit so they are trying to hook consumers on to the 3G model with this bundle.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By devilzrule27

@msavo: Surprisingly the AT&T coverage by me is the best of all the carriers. It's great in fact. I just have yet to be given a reason for actually having 3G on my device. I don't know. Maybe I'll just shell out the extra $50 since the service is non-contract I believe and perhaps something useful will come with having 3G down the road.

Starclopsofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Starclopsofish

Well if 
    Memory Card ~ $20
    Game ~ $40
    Case ~ $20

then, the extras are about $80 in "value". So I guess for those of us who don't care about the 3G, since a memory card is mandatory, and we'll probably pick up a case eventually anyway, the question is, "Do you want to pay $20 to get the console a week early?"

For people like me with no self control when it comes to gaming, the unfortunate answer is yes. The lost $20 is going to haunt me forever though. (Until I get an extra $30 in trade-in value for the 3G unit when its time to upgrade to the Vita-2000 *crosses fingers*)

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By OllyOxenFree

NOPE!

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I don't understand why anyone would want 3G on their Vita.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I will buy a Vita once Persona 4 Golden gets released in the US.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Not interested in the 3G model at all so no.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I wouldn't be getting it either if we were only being offered the 3G model bundle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By 014

It's almost tempting. But I wasn't planning on getting the 3G model. And that game was not going to be within the first games I purchase. I want to get Uncharted and either LBP or Mod Nation Racers as my first two games on release day. If Killzone comes out release day (doesn't look like it will), that will be my #2 game to get.

renachan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By renachan

Not sure I can afford it with the time of year it comes out, but the price isn't too bad for how much they're charging. I dunno, I was planning on getting at launch despite not seeing too many titles I wanted, but the memory price was the final nail and I think I'm going to wait now for a good price drop with used.... 

I actually would not mind 3G, I've often wished my PSP has it, but Sony totally lost me with their choice of carrier. AT&T has burnt me too many times as a customer to ever touch them again.

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By DrMcKittrick

@LordXavierBritish said:

I don't understand why anyone would want 3G on their Vita.

this.

JaguarCRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By JaguarCRO

You know what is interesting as I had the exact same experience with Verizon before I had the iPhone (The original iPhone that is). Basically they double-billed me 3 months in a row, and because of it they overdrew my account. Their "solution" was to wire money into my account. Well most banks actually charge you a wire fee (even to receive the money) and mine went even more negative because of that. Wow that was the last time I was going to consider Verizon. BTW coverage was very bad in my house although fairly good for calls while in the Silicon Valley area.

Personally I am signed up for the First Edition Bundle and am excited that it now includes a free month of service and a free PSN game (not sure which title but my guess is a Sony published launch title not including Uncharted Golden Abyss.) If you are willing to wait the extra week I think the $299 bundle with the 8GB card and the same 3G freebies is actually a better deal. I am not willing to wait. :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.