Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Music Unlimited on the Vita

Salesmunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salesmunn

I started up a trial of Music Unlimited to utilized across my PC, Vita, PS3, Android phones and Galaxy Tab. I have a home server full of music that I stream to devices on my network but I was looking for a non-Apple, non-Google alternative to cloud music storage combined with a selection of current music I can listen to.

Music Unlimited on the Vita is interesting. You can select any collection of songs or albums and download them for "offline" listening. While you can't play a game and listen to a song streaming in Music Unlimited, you can listen to a downloaded offline song while playing a game on the Vita. Music Unlimited also downloads music while you're playing, so I've queued up a few albums, played some games and after a few minutes I have a whole album downloaded to listen to.

It's interesting, not sure if I'll subscribe but wanted to give some gaming-related feedback.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

Sounds really handy. Though, I'm just plain old-fashioned when it comes to my music. I buy CD's, rip them to the hard drive, and usually only listen to music stored locally, especially when doing other things.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I'm thoroughly invested in Microsoft's zune client because I own a Zune HD and windows phone, and the player works great. Since I do have a vita, I might check this out, though I doubt I will switch this late in the game.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By DarthOrange

How much is it? I've thought about subscribing for a while now.

medhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By medhead

The downside about Music Unlimited is that the library is very limited. I started getting an alarming number of repeats in song choices within a few days of normal listening.

Suoritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Suoritus

This thing is pretty cool and has given me even more reason to use the vita. Paired with a bluetooth headset that get calls on the phone & plays the music from the vita all with no cable hassles is very nice. I actually didn't know the play while listening to downloaded songs, I'll take a look in to it. As for repeats, how I handle this is that I make a playlist, select it for download and don't stream ever, when I run out/need new I make a new playlist. Haven't noticed anything lacking in the selection, there's always gaps in these compared to a well cultivated collection. But thats par for the course, as a rent-music-for-month service its quite ok.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.