Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

PS Vita owners, can you please answer some questions? (memory)

flammverit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By flammverit

Hi.

I've been looking at the PS Vita but I still have some questions. I hope you can answer them.

I found that games from the Sony Store are from some MB to 3GB in size. I I buy many games and there's no room for one more, can I delete one game to make room for a new one? If so, can I download again the game I deleted?

Thanks

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

Yes and yes.

flammverit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By flammverit

@Enigma777: Great. Thanks man!

AutomaticOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AutomaticOwl

You can also transfer your games to your PS3, PC or Mac. If you would rather not wait all the time it takes to download these games.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By TechHits

@AutomaticOwl said:

You can also transfer your games to your PS3, PC or Mac. If you would rather not wait all the time it takes to download these games.

wait you can upload your games to a PC or Mac without any sort of jail braking?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671
    @TechHits said:

@AutomaticOwl said:

I think there is some sort of software you have to download from Sony in order to make it work, but I haven't done it myself, so I can't say for certain.  I've only used my PS3 so far.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

@Spoonman671 said:

@TechHits said:

@AutomaticOwl said:

I think there is some sort of software you have to download from Sony in order to make it work, but I haven't done it myself, so I can't say for certain. I've only used my PS3 so far.

Actually, the software is built into the Vita, it asks you to install it when you connect it to the PC, and from then on it's pretty simple. Though it's a bit strange it's all done from the Vita itself, not the PC.

AutomaticOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AutomaticOwl

Follow these directions, you'll be good to go. http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/installcma.html

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#9  Edited By donutfever

Double Da, Comrade.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@Shirogane: theres a software on the pc that also is running at the same time that does a lot of the work as well....

@flammverit said:

Hi.

I've been looking at the PS Vita but I still have some questions. I hope you can answer them.

I found that games from the Sony Store are from some MB to 3GB in size. I I buy many games and there's no room for one more, can I delete one game to make room for a new one? If so, can I download again the game I deleted?

Thanks

one of the things that has been failed to mention is that all of your gave saves are tied into the game data. So as of right now you can not delete a game but keep its save on the system. Only way of keeping it is by transferring the game it to your PS3/PC/Mac before deleting it of the vita itself . So if you were say traveling had access to wifi but not your computer and you don't regularly back up your vita, you are out of luck if you wanted to download something but don't have the room.

Bumbuliuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Bumbuliuz

I'd say pick up a 16gb at the least or just pluck out for the 32gb one. I have a 16gb one, since Sony didn't release the 32gb in Europe at launch. It comes out as 14gb and I have 2 retail PSN games and 3 digital PSN games and it eats up the space quickly.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handlas

working fine for me, personally. I've downloaded 4 games and still have 27 GB left. BlazBlue is the largest game I've seen; I think it's larger than Uncharted. 3.3 GB. Rayman, on the other hand, is tiny...less than a GB I believe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.