Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

PSvita impressions part1

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By biospank

So I have had a vita since 28th of dec and I have 7 games that I have played to find the hidden gem for that system.  But I guess most people  want to know about the basic stuff of the system, so the most eye poping thing with this handheld is the oled screen. no joke. I was so impressed that I almost did not want to go back to the 3ds. and then there is the sleep-mode which I alomst thought would take all the batery away within 4-5hours but no it holds up for a day or more, I have not done a big test of that yet. 

Then there is the UI or home menu which I really like because its like sony said who can we rip off and then another person comes in. hey, this iphone is pretty cool. Then all of them where like fuck yeah! 
    But unlike  the iphone to get to all the apps and games you slide down instead of to the right if you have made multiple pages. then you press the icon and then you lunch that app or game then a page to the right comes then you only press the pic in the midle that have start wirtten on it. then you can press the ps button and press the trophies app then go back to that game and only press continue. and then you are there where you left off. But if you press the ps button twhice you have and awesome slide menu with all the apps games you have pushed. 
    I like it because its really easy. Its hard to describe it almost have to see it in action to know how easy it is. 

This is when you press the ps button once more in the menu. so then you can just push to the app or game you want to start.
     This is when you press the ps button once more in the menu. so then you can just push to the app or game you want to start.

This is when you install a game or download then this will show up. 

then there is the psstore I have not bought any games as of yet I have only downloaded demos and it is okey it installs after the download. I kinda whised that they would ripp off iphone and xbox for that matter. that it installs while it downloads instead of having that  bad ps3 thing going on. But the store is easy to use and easy to navigate. So I really don't have a big problem there. But they could have made it easier to use imo. 

but then there is the vita trophies as of now you cannot watch your awesome vita trophies on your ps3. you can only see the trophy level going up, which is a bummer. I hope they will fix this when it comes to the west. But it kinda sucks if you are a big trophie whore, I am a little trophie whore.   

The buttons are somwhat small also, its actually the size of the 3ds (I  think) but unlike the 3ds I like the dpad allot more on the vita. and  the r anolog stick gets in the way when you hammer on the square, when  you play dynasty warriors next. but you get used to it.  
    The buttons are somwhat small also, its actually the size of the 3ds (I think) but unlike the 3ds I like the dpad allot more on the vita. and the r anolog stick gets in the way when you hammer on the square, when you play dynasty warriors next. but you get used to it.  

Of the 7games I have played I really like dynasty warriors next for some strange reason I really like it. the quick touch events don't feel too much out of plae unlike uncharted which I really feelt was random as fudge.  

I will do another blog on the vita when I have had it more and played more games or when I actually finish the addictive dynasty warrior game. 
    And sorry for grammar and english.
    biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By biospank

So I have had a vita since 28th of dec and I have 7 games that I have played to find the hidden gem for that system.  But I guess most people  want to know about the basic stuff of the system, so the most eye poping thing with this handheld is the oled screen. no joke. I was so impressed that I almost did not want to go back to the 3ds. and then there is the sleep-mode which I alomst thought would take all the batery away within 4-5hours but no it holds up for a day or more, I have not done a big test of that yet. 

Then there is the UI or home menu which I really like because its like sony said who can we rip off and then another person comes in. hey, this iphone is pretty cool. Then all of them where like fuck yeah! 
    But unlike  the iphone to get to all the apps and games you slide down instead of to the right if you have made multiple pages. then you press the icon and then you lunch that app or game then a page to the right comes then you only press the pic in the midle that have start wirtten on it. then you can press the ps button and press the trophies app then go back to that game and only press continue. and then you are there where you left off. But if you press the ps button twhice you have and awesome slide menu with all the apps games you have pushed. 
    I like it because its really easy. Its hard to describe it almost have to see it in action to know how easy it is. 

then there is the psstore I have not bought any games as of yet I have only downloaded demos and it is okey it installs after the download. I kinda whised that they would ripp off iphone and xbox for that matter. that it installs while it downloads instead of having that  bad ps3 thing going on. But the store is easy to use and easy to navigate. So I really don't have a big problem there. But they could have made it easier to use imo. 

but then there is the vita trophies as of now you cannot watch your awesome vita trophies on your ps3. you can only see the trophy level going up, which is a bummer. I hope they will fix this when it comes to the west. But it kinda sucks if you are a big trophie whore, I am a little trophie whore.   

The buttons are somwhat small also, its actually the size of the 3ds (I  think) but unlike the 3ds I like the dpad allot more on the vita. and  the r anolog stick gets in the way when you hammer on the square, when  you play dynasty warriors next. but you get used to it.  
    The buttons are somwhat small also, its actually the size of the 3ds (I think) but unlike the 3ds I like the dpad allot more on the vita. and the r anolog stick gets in the way when you hammer on the square, when you play dynasty warriors next. but you get used to it.  

Of the 7games I have played I really like dynasty warriors next for some strange reason I really like it. the quick touch events don't feel too much out of plae unlike uncharted which I really feelt was random as fudge.  

I will do another blog on the vita when I have had it more and played more games or when I actually finish the addictive dynasty warrior game. 
    And sorry for grammar and english.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Sounds like you're having fun and looking for more.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By biospank
    @Claude said:
    Sounds like you're having fun and looking for more.
    yes I am going to import allot games from japan til the system comes to the west.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By McGhee

How does it feel after extended play? Playing the PSP gave me serious hand cramps.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By biospank
    @McGhee: The hand cramps would be the same because the system is actually bigger then the psp. But I have not experianced any when I sitt up at my desk only when I am playing before I sleep when I'm in bed.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By McGhee

@biospank said:

@McGhee: The hand cramps would be the same because the system is actually bigger then the psp. But I have not experianced any when I sitt up at my desk only when I am playing before I sleep when I'm in bed.

Wouldn't it being larger help with the hand cramps? Or is it just about how it's shaped?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

You should take some pics of it and post them here.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McGhee

Take some pictures right next to some pike so we can compare the sizes.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By biospank
    @Enigma777: @McGhee: Yes I have taken pics but I have not found that mini usb cabel to my win phone7. But I could just spam the shit out facebook by uploading them.
    Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

For whatever reason, sony decided on keeping both analog 'sticks' at the bottom of the device. You want hand cramps? Gosh, there you go. The exact reason why I could barely play the psp for long periods. A fighting game, using the terrible d-pad and the buttons wasn't so bad on the psp. Simple games like crisis core was fine as well. But a game like syphon filter or mgs:portable ops/peace walker was unbearably uncomfortable. I can understand keeping the right stick at the bottom. But the left? Sony REALLY could've benefited by doing what the gamecube, 360, and the 3ds- just put the d-pad at the bottom instead of the stick.

Considering most of these games are for the core game player, comfort is key. Plus being convex instead of concave...ew. The rubberness of the dual shock 3 makes up for it being convex, but not being fully rubber on the vita means a big thumb like mine would easily slip off the thing. Seems better suited for smaller hands.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By biospank
    @thechronodarkness: dude, it actually makes sense when you paly the thing that the analogs are there. I think the d-pad might a bigger issue for you. I will say it again I think that the dpad is good the first game I played a shit ton off was umvc3 so naturally I use the dpad and I liked it. It has the somewhat click that I want from a dpad.
    JaguarCRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By JaguarCRO

I find the 2 analog sticks in symmetric positions (like the Dual Shock 3) to be more comfortable. There is a small period of time to get use to them but after about a day with my PS3 I very much preferred the configuration. I am glad to see they went with the same idea for the Vita.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.