Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

Thinking about buying a Vita but...

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

Is there anything actually coming out for it ?

I have been thinking about it for awhile now but the only interesting thing i have seen that is coming out for it is Persona 4 : Golden and i really don't want to spent that much money for 1 game that i have already played and the PSone games don't really interest me either.

Looking at the selection of games available i saw nothing that looked slightly interesting to me.

are there any interesting games coming out for it in the near future ?

and

What do you who currently own a vita think of it ?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CaLe

I got my Vita almost for free and I still kinda regret getting it. I haven't used it in months. There's just nothing I want to play on it and I don't care about the Persona game because I've already played it. Sure I could play PS1 games on it, but just the idea of that is better than the reality. The only reason I don't sell it is because eBay have ridiculous fees. It's such a rip-off to sell through them now.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ervonymous

No reason to buy it if you're not going to play anything on it. I skipped the PSP so mine has seen a lot of use thanks to some PSP curiosities, old PS1 favorites and the occasional Vita game.

I already imported P4:G and I'm waiting for my copy of Project Diva f so there's not much to look forward to. Doesn't bother me, but it's a pretty hard sell. At least wait for the long overdue price cut.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mwng

I'm still quite enamored with my Vita, though I technically have no Vita games... I've had it for about 3 months.

I find myself away from home just enough to justify owning one. I've sunk countless hours into Persona 3, and since the update I've been playing through FFIX again.

Think it comes down to how much spare money you've got to throw about, as they're not cheap. If you've got any doubts I'd suggest holding off 'till some sort of price drop (if it ever happens), or at least waiting for some more titles that interest you.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By DarthOrange

The system is tons of fun and I personally use it every day. Check out the constantly updated Valorously Valuable List of Vita Games to see which games Giant Bombers recommend. In the near future Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal, and Little Big Planet Vita, Assassins Creed Liberation and Need for Speed Most Wanted are some to keep your eyes on.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BlackLagoon

There's actually a bunch of games coming soon:

• Little Big Planet Vita (September 25)
    • Silent Hill: Book of Memories (October 1?)
    • Spy Hunter (October 9)
    • Ragnarok Odyssey (October 18)
    • Street Fighter X Tekken (October 23)
    • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (October 23)
    • Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (October 23)
    • Persona 4 Golden (October 23)
    • Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (October 30)
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (November)

There's also multi-platform titles like Need for Speed: Most Wanted and LEGO Lord of the Rings, and PS3/Vita cross-buy retail titles like Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Playstation All-Stars, and number of downloadable titles like Retro City Rampage. Plus PlayStation Plus support is coming, as is Playstation Mobile with 30+ smaller games.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

PSBlog Vita section will tell you anything coming out for it. They sometimes post up games I've never heard of nor do they seem to be mentioned on any other gaming sites even tho they look kind of cool.

There was one in particular where it's a 2D sidescroller and you have a camera and can take pictures of objects to create new objects and things like that. Looked interesting,

Aside from that and the list above this post I'm looking forward to...

- Tearaway

- Sly Cooper

- Killzone: Mercenary

- Guacamelee!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RE_Player1

There are tons of games coming for the system and lots of the good launch games are cheap now, you can find Wipeout 2148 or Hot Shots for $15-20 new. Personally the Vita is the best handheld I've ever owned already and this holiday looks great with games like Persona 4 Golden, LittleBigPlanet (which is my favourite version after being in the beta), Assassin's Creed Liberation and more. Plus the downloadable stuff like Mutant Blobs Attack and believe it or not Zen Pinball 2 and Pinball Arcade are perfect for the system. Combine that with the future Cross-Buy program, buy the PS3 version and get the Vita version for free, and it's a great handheld to have if you are already in the Playstation ecosystem.

Reading my post it sounds like I work for Sony or something but it's truly what I think of the system. Just don't get the system by itself. While they are not dropping the price tons of bundles or retailer deals will be popping up already and more will in the coming weeks. Just last week I saw my local EB Games had the Vita, Gravity Rush, a 8GB card and a case for $249. Wait for stuff like that.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

I'll probably buy when when P4:G comes out. There aren't many vita games I'm interested in, but I never had a PSP, so I'll use it to play the earlier Persona and Metal Gear games, and other stuff I missed too. Patapon.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DoctorDanger99

i love it. the way i figure it is that im in it for the long game with the vita. it might take awile but it'll be worth it.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GooieGreen

While the honeymoon is over on my Vita, I'm still having fun with it (which isn't something I can say for my DS or iPhone in the gaming department). There are a few games coming out that I'm excited for, ACIII being one of them. I always have something to play on it whenever I have the time.

Keep looking for what games are coming out. Smaller games are set to hit this year that will be on both PS3 and PSV and a few exclusives will as well. Mostly a lot of Japanese games are starting to come over, but games are games.

FriedConsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FriedConsole

I love my Vita but I travel a lot and like a lot of types of games.

Comes down to the following questions:

1) Do you really have a need for a portable system?

2) What kind of games do you play?

I like most types of games that aren't RPGs so I have found a lot of games I love on the Vita. If you need unique games on Vita that aren't on home consoles and aren't in situations where playing your home console isn't a option, than the answer is "no".

There seems to be a lot of people who have very narrow list of genres they play and only can play AAA games. I feel bad for those people.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I just want PS2 emulation and a PS2 store

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.