Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

You know, the Accessories, other then maybe the cards, are not to

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gonmog

bad in price. 15 for a new charger, 20 for some decent looking headphones with the mic, 20 for the dock and cases, 50 for a portable battery.

I know you will be able to get much cheaper cases and the like down the road. But still a show to see say charger for 15. I was thinking they would charge 30 for that alone. Been looking at that battery. Would be cool to have. Want to see how tiny it is. Been thinking of picking one up anyways.

I am really hopping this system takes off. I am having a blast with the games on it so far. And the social aspects that are put in there work very well.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Shakezula84

I haven't looked at the accessories but I agree with the sentiment that it succeeds. Really I hope all consoles succeed, but the ones I own I want to do better ;)

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Accessory prices are ridiculous. Charging $15 for a screen protector but not including a wipe cloth or card to flatten out the film is insulting to the consumer. $20 for a stand that doesn't even include the charge cable is just dumb. Don't even get me started on the memory card pricing, seems like a bold move on Sony's part, and a move that could genuinely hurt sales out of the gate.

Having said all of that, love the system, think it could be huge for Sony, but they need to slap a 4GB card in every unit and not force people into dropping another $20-$100 just to actually make the thing work properly. Even Nintendo slapped a 2GB card in the 3DS. It's just poorly thought out on Sony's part.

Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Giacomito

I got a GAMEware starter-kit with a carry-case that hold 6 games, a protective rubber-thingy for the console itself, a screen protector and wipe cloth for FREE, it was 10 euro (which is pretty cheap in the first place) but the dude at the cashier accidentally charged me 0 for it.. so I can't complain :)

kahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kahi

I want to find a good case, bought the PDP hard shell case, if you drop it from any height including an inch on the back it pops up, so not using that case, bought the official case that lets you play system while inside, and doubles as a kick stand and not a big fan of it. Not comfortable to play with case on at all, but it will have to do until a good case comes out

Avatar image for deactivated-64b7ee273746a
    deactivated-64b7ee273746a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gonmog said:

bad in price. 15 for a new charger, 20 for some decent looking headphones with the mic, 20 for the dock and cases, 50 for a portable battery.

I know you will be able to get much cheaper cases and the like down the road. But still a show to see say charger for 15. I was thinking they would charge 30 for that alone. Been looking at that battery. Would be cool to have. Want to see how tiny it is. Been thinking of picking one up anyways.

Look closer, it is $30 for another charger. That $15 charger just gets you a powered USB jack. You have to spend another $15 for a USB->Vita cable.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Prices are kind of high, but they're just trying to milk it while they're the sole proprietor on Vita Accessories. Give it like a month or two and we'll have 99 cent accessories that are either overpriced in the shipping or take two weeks to get to NA from China.

eschatonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eschatonik

Word. So frustrating. Not just for the price, but jeebus, just sell me the WHOLE charger. I feel like I paid $15 for 2/3 of a charger and then had to pay $15 more for "charger DLC" to complete the package. Ugh.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RE_Player1

I got the charging dock, traveling pouch and game card case. I got the dock and pouch for $15 each and the dumbass at Best Buy forgot to scan my game card case so I got that for free instead of the $6.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GooieGreen

Look at accessory prices in general. They are usually pretty rough considering what you are getting for it. But think about it: all of this stuff is a luxury item, and you're then buying a luxury for your luxury. Once Sony licenses out their hardware line, you'll see more off-brand proprietary accessories since GameStop and Best Buy would rather make their own and make double the profit for a slightly cheaper price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.