Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon X/Y

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 12, 2013

The first Pokémon games on the 3DS and the first to be released simultaneously worldwide.

Thoughts on online play?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I seriously wish they would of added some sort of text chat type deal instead of just voice chat when communicating with people. Its kinda funny that they'll filter and censor certain words but when voice chat is on the only thing protecting it is the parents protection deal. Really liking the GTS thing, I vaguely remember this being in the ds versions of the pokemon game but feel like the interface and search function is easier. WIsh they would of added some sort of filter where you can search through a specific pokemon you are trying to give away rather than just what others are seeking for a pokemon you want. Well those are some of my gripes what are yours?

Seriously text chat would help a whole lot when trading with random people, can you imagine instead of just showing a pokemon you can tell them what pokemon you're seeking and what pokemon you're willing to give up. Trading with random people outside of GTS is a joke.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Some of my quick thoughts.

Some sort of text chat would have been nice. I would have loved to be able to voice chat with 1 person while playing the game. Having GTS everywhere you go now is awesome. The O-Power thing is neat and I really like the Passersby thing that shows you people that are online and are currently in the area you are in. There is no reason to trade with random people when you have GTS.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjor64 said:

Some of my quick thoughts.

Some sort of text chat would have been nice. I would have loved to be able to voice chat with 1 person while playing the game. Having GTS everywhere you go now is awesome. The O-Power thing is neat and I really like the Passersby thing that shows you people that are online and are currently in the area you are in. There is no reason to trade with random people when you have GTS.

I like the idea of haggling for pokemon maybe you can offer the other player something else equivalent to something they want just in case you don't have the pokemon they're looking for.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I love it for the most part. Wonder Trade fucking sucks as there's like no tier levels for the Pokemon. I threw out a level 17 Audino and got a level 3 Pidgey in return.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like Wonder Trade because I get to feel like Santa Claus. I catch a bunch of, say, Haunters or Gravellers and then just wonder trade them to someone. Now they have a Gengar or a Golem and I often get a NICE! in response. Which makes me feel good.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Some sort of wondertrade filter would be good. Something like being able to trade with people in the same route/town as you, or those with a similar playtime. It's a cool feature and I've been having some fun with it, but there are only so many Caterpies and Pidgeys I can handle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.