Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Final Boss Bug exists, here's how to fix it

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By pyromagnestir

So I just finished Portal 2 (was awesome) but before I could I experienced a bug fighting the final boss and I figured I'd share in case it happens to someone else as there doesn't appear to be a thread about it already.

During the fight the boss is supposed to throw bombs, but when I fought him it wouldn't, or if he did they'd just hit the back of his protective shield and blow up harmlessly and nothing would happen until the timer ran out and I'd die.  I did this a couple of times before suspecting something might be wrong and hit up google which led me to the fix, which is to load up your autosave from before you enter the boss' chamber and enter it again, and the problem should be fixed.  Worked for me.

You'll know its the bug if his protective shields are well above his torso (they should be around his body) and he isn't throwing a steady stream of bombs around.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Well that really sucks. Glad I didn't have to mess with this.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Well thanks for the tip dude. I didn't have a problem, and hopefully not too many people get the bug because that was a great boss fight!

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33

Happy that didn't happen to me but thanks for the tip :)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

didn't encounter it, but thanks for the thread

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By OneLoneClone

I'm having this glitch, its pretty much ruined the ending. I managed to get one bomb to open the white goo tube, and that autosave prevents me from restarting from before boss battle. Unless I replay the last HOUR. Feh. will probably just wiat (hope) for a patch.
    Kingfalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kingfalcon

Yeah, this fucked me, but I got through it. It made the ending incredibly frustrating. 

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By kennybaese

I don't know that it's really a glitch. I think he arranged his shields like that for me too when I fought him and I just had to work around it. It was all timing really. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. 

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By craigbo180

Doesn't sound like a common glitch, I certainly didn't encounter it. Oh well maybe someone will benefit from this though if I completely steered clear of all portal 2 forums until I finished the game,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.