Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Going in Blind!

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vexed

Anyone else not watching the Quick Look and avoiding trailers?  Whatever Portal 2 has in store for me I want to experience it fresh for the first time when I play it myself.

I do this with most games I'm excited for, is that weird?  Does anyone else do this?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta
    @Vexed said:
    " Anyone else not watching the Quick Look and avoiding trailers?  Whatever Portal 2 has in store for me I want to experience it fresh for the first time when I play it myself.I do this with most games I'm excited for, is that weird?  Does anyone else do this? "
    I am, but go watch the 4 aperture investment trailers. Trust me, they don't show much (if any) of the game and they are hilarious.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PerryVandell

I do the exact same thing. Whenever there's a quick look of a story-heavy game that I know I'm going to buy, I always wait until I've played a decent chunk of the game before watching the quick look. It's why I no longer watch video reviews from game trailers (I'm referencing the infamous Uncharted 2 review).

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Won't it be hard to play if you can't see? Hey-o! 

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder  Online

I'm doing the same; any gameplay footage is a spoiler :(

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Nah, because there's never going to be anything serious spoiled in a quick look, plus I want to see if it's a game I could be interested in. 

The Portal 2 quicklook didn't have anything spoilers related anyway... kinda confirmed that as much as I love the story and writing, it's a game I just don't feel like playing. 
    HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By HaltIamReptar

The trailers have original humor in them.  Watch those!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

The Quick Look spoiled Episode Three! Beware! That Wolpaw fellow went off the chain!

Vexed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Vexed
    @Laketown:@HaltIamReptar:

Thanks for the suggestion, those were pretty great  =)
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By WickedCestus

I don't try to block out coverage for games I'm excited for, but I usually tend to not get hyped for a game until about a week before it's release, and at the point there aren't very many trailers coming out. I wasn't planning on getting Portal 2, but one of my friends said he would by the Double Pack and give me the second copy for 30 bucks and I said, "Sure, why not?". After that I remembered why I should be excited for Portal 2 and now I'm looking forward to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.