Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Portal 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 19, 2011

Portal 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed first-person puzzle game, carrying forward its love of mind-bending problems and its reckless disregard for the space-time continuum.

Honest Question

Rufuscrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rufuscrim

Besides that pesky thing known as "ethics", what's to stop the following scenario: 

1) Buy Portal for PS3 
    2) Unlock free Steam version 
    3) Immediately resell physical game used to retailer before the amount of people doing this makes the game essentially worthless 
    4) Profit?

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

My assumption is that every copy will only be good for one steam unlock. So you could do that, but the impact wouldn't be much worse than just reselling it when you beat it.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HaltIamReptar
    @nintendoeats said:
    " My assumption is that every copy will only be good for one steam unlock. So you could do that, but the impact wouldn't be much worse than just reselling it when you beat it. "
    I was thinking the same thing.  At best, it would be equivalent for buying the Steam version with a discount of what you get from selling back the PS3 version.
    moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By moelarrycurly

I'm keeping my PS3 copy for on-the-couch co-op.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.