I highly doubt this game is coming out, at least not on consoles

#1 Posted by Jake (29 posts) -

After what manhunt II went through, I highly doubt that postal, who's developer could not tell you the time of day, will be able to make the jump successfully. 

#2 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Yeah,  I haven't even heard about postal in a long long time.

#3 Posted by Hamburger_Technology (23 posts) -

Postal 2 still has a fanbase, I reckon it will.

#4 Posted by nailerr (198 posts) -

I met Vince and Mike in Leipzig last year, and at least at the time there did not seem to be any bad news.

But the whole issue with 18+ games on consoles is true, which is sort of pathetic while all modern consoles support parental controls.  Microsoft in particular make a very big thing about the quality of their age limiting system, in reality that should allow us to have any kind of game on the market.

#5 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I am a bit skeptical about whether Postal III will hit consoles as well. They haven't put the previous games on consoles and this game seems to be even worse as far as the subject matter. The console is also a different market than PC and I don't really know how a game like this would sell. If the game does hit consoles then the media may actually be able to produce real/true negative facts about a game! :P

#6 Edited by Rimbouy (9 posts) -

Here in Sweden no one took any notice of Postal II when it came out. It was a bad game even if one choose not to look at its childish “killing” content. It had as far as I know hardly any distributors and didn't managed to get out on the market. No one was interested.

Then one of our TV channels showed a documentary on how very, very bad computer games is for children (it seems to media that no humans above age of 25 plays any games). The documentary showed several “gory” clips from Postal II to show what the kids today are playing. Parents and media got hysterical and as a result kids got very interested in this “hyped” game all talked about. The game suddenly sold a lot.

#7 Posted by ognen93 (17 posts) -
Hamburger_Technology said:
"Postal 2 still has a fanbase, I reckon it will."
Agree
#8 Posted by F1 (346 posts) -

This is one of the most violent and offensive games I've ever played (I own the first two games).

I truly hope it comes to home consoles because I don't feel like upgrading my PC for games anymore.

I can't wait to play it!

#9 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
The documentary showed several “gory” clips from Postal II to show what the kids today are playing.
Sounds like bad propaganda to me. It's also none of my business what other kids are playing. Presumably the parents know what their kids are playing. If they don't, they're fucking up.

I've never played Postal before. I doubt I'll play this one.
#10 Posted by gike987 (1761 posts) -

This led to Postal 2 getting banned from being sold in Sweden. Only game ever banned in Sweden.

#11 Posted by Icemael (6343 posts) -
Rimbouy said:
"Here in Sweden no one took any notice of Postal II when it came out. It was a bad game even if one choose not to look at its childish “killing” content. It had as far as I know hardly any distributors and didn't managed to get out on the market. No one was interested.

Then one of our TV channels showed a documentary on how very, very bad computer games is for children (it seems to media that no humans above age of 25 plays any games). The documentary showed several “gory” clips from Postal II to show what the kids today are playing. Parents and media got hysterical and as a result kids got very interested in this “hyped” game all talked about. The game suddenly sold a lot."

I remember this. It didn't really work out the way media intended(IIRC the game got banned too?)...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.