Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Ubisoft returns to the Sands of Time universe for a fourth time in this May 2010 release, set in between the first two games in the trilogy and coinciding with the release of the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time movie.

Wasn't this game about the Prince visiting his brother?

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By papuccino1

I'm playing the game on the Wii and I'm abotu three hours into the game.

So far:

1. No reference to his brother at all.
    2. No reference to his brothers kingdom at all.
    3. No reference to way he is where he is except the genie (where the hell did she come from?) promised him a kingdom.

Was the trailer utter bullshit or am I missing something here?
    The trailer made it seem like he was visiting his brother and found him at war with another country or something.

But all I got so far is some rancid kingdom that has been overrun with plants and nobody to be seen.
    Garden_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Garden_Ninja
    I haven't played it yet, but from what I understand, you visit your brother's kingdom, just as he unleashes the Sands.
    @papuccino1 said:
    " I'm playing the game on the Wii ...

This is probably why.  Wii versions are usually done by a separate studio, and sometimes have drastically different stories.
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Don't buy WII versions of multiplatform games.....
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Garden_Ninja said:
    " I haven't played it yet, but from what I understand, you visit your brother's kingdom, just as he unleashes the Sands.
    @papuccino1 said:
    " I'm playing the game on the Wii ...

This is probably why.  Wii versions are usually done by a separate studio, and sometimes have drastically different stories. "
    Really? I never knew that. 0_o
    papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By papuccino1
    @Garden_Ninja: You're shitting me. The Wii version has a different story? Oh fuck me sideways.

Edit: Then shouldn't GiantBomb have two versions of this game up instead of one? They are different games with the same name.
    Garden_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Garden_Ninja
    @papuccino1:@SpikeSpiegel: 

I don't know if that's the case for this game, and "drastic" is probably overstating it, but I have seen it before. The Wii just isn't as powerful as PS3 and 360, at least graphically, which means you have to either develop for lowest common denominator (and get complaints about shitty graphics), or actually develop two separate games. Sometimes it ends up being more, if they make a DS version, or make PS2 a distinct version from Wii.  If they go the multiple versions route (which seems to be more common), then the studios may work largely independent from one-another, and come up with different things.

For Splinter Cell Double Agent, the 6th gen version (Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, Wii) was done by Ubisoft Montreal, and the 7th gen one (360, PS3, PC) was done by Ubisoft Shanghai. They play largley the same, but levels are different, some of the systems are implemented differently, and while the main motivator is the same, the stories are different.   Near as I can tell, some one created a rough outline, then handed it to both teams to implement.
    • There is a system in both games to represent how much you are trusted by JBA and Third Echelon.  In the 6th gen one, it is a single meter, and acts like a tug of war.  Doing something to gain trust with Third Echelon will make you lose trust with JBA, even when there is no way that JBA would know about it.  Going too far to one side, means the other side distrusts you.  In the 7th gen version, it is two separate, mostly-independent meters (mostly because some, but not all, actions affect both of them), where going too low on a meter means that that group doesn't trust you.
    • Both versions have a minor character named Cole Jager who you have to make a choice about which , but they are completely different people. 

For another example, I haven't played either version, but I have heard some differences between versions of Ghostbusters.  The 360/PS3 version had a realistic art style, while the Wii version had a cartoony art-style.

Force Unleashed had a 4 versions, I think (PS3/360; Wii; PS2; DS).  I only played the 360 version, but I think the Wii version of Force Unleashed included a multiplayer mode, that didn't exist in any other version.

@papuccino1 said:
    Edit: Then shouldn't GiantBomb have two versions of this game up instead of one? They are different games with the same name. "
    Maybe. GB seems to be rather inconsistent about that. Splinter Cell Double Agent has two pages, but SC Pandora Tomorrow only has one, even though it covers the GBA version, which can't possibly play the same.  Force Unleashed has one page. Ghostbusters has 2 pages: 1 for the DS, one for everything else. What would be better, I think is if GB had native support for versions, but that would be a major structure change, and at this point is unlikely to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.