Where the hell is my sequel?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

So I just finished Prince of Persia, a little late to the party but it was cheap so I picked it up and bam finished. I really enjoyed the game, it is such a unique game that has a good mix of combat and platforming, I loved the Prince and Elika and the final scene just made me want more, especially since it says "To Be Continued".

So where is my sequel, its been what about four years since that game? I've looked around and read reviews and it seems to have done really well, the guy on IGN says it will be remembered as one of the best games of that generation. So what happened, did it not sell well or is there still a chance that one day we will get a sequel to The Best Prince of Persia game?

#2 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I feel the same way. I beat it a few years ago and I desperately want a sequel. Sadly though I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

#3 Posted by mercutio123 (471 posts) -

@Hizang: Blame the movie I think, as soon as that was being made they made Forgotten Sands (was that it) so I think the new series lost a lot of traction and they kind of ditched it, which I agree is a shame having also picked up recently for next to nothing

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

I believe it sold like shit so Ubisoft is all like "Aw hell naw".

I think.

#5 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

It's coming, just as soon as Beyond Good & Evil 2 gets finished...

#6 Posted by yoshisaur (2717 posts) -

Honestly, I didn't like this Prince of Persia at all. I thought the graphics were a breath of fresh air, but beyond that the game felt incredibly repetitive. There just seemed to be too much "filler" content of running around doing the same thing, and not enough forward progressing with the story.

#7 Edited by pyromagnestir (4323 posts) -

I liked it a lot, as well, and would thoroughly enjoy a sequel.

Did you play the dlc? People seem to regard it poorly, but I thought it was alright. I think I thought it was alright, anyway, as it's been about 3 years since I played it.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: No, I don't intend to, people said it left them with a sour taste in there mouth, I'd rather if there never is a sequel that this is the last I play of it.

#9 Posted by pyromagnestir (4323 posts) -

@Hizang: understandable. I don't really remember anything so bad about it, but I seem to be in the extreme minority about that. And maybe I was just so high on everything else that rose colored glasses kicked in and messed with my perception of it all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.