Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

Where the hell is my sequel?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

So I just finished Prince of Persia, a little late to the party but it was cheap so I picked it up and bam finished. I really enjoyed the game, it is such a unique game that has a good mix of combat and platforming, I loved the Prince and Elika and the final scene just made me want more, especially since it says "To Be Continued".

So where is my sequel, its been what about four years since that game? I've looked around and read reviews and it seems to have done really well, the guy on IGN says it will be remembered as one of the best games of that generation. So what happened, did it not sell well or is there still a chance that one day we will get a sequel to The Best Prince of Persia game?

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By GeekDown

I feel the same way. I beat it a few years ago and I desperately want a sequel. Sadly though I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mercutio123

@Hizang: Blame the movie I think, as soon as that was being made they made Forgotten Sands (was that it) so I think the new series lost a lot of traction and they kind of ditched it, which I agree is a shame having also picked up recently for next to nothing

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I believe it sold like shit so Ubisoft is all like "Aw hell naw".

I think.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By ssj4raditz

It's coming, just as soon as Beyond Good & Evil 2 gets finished...

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By kindgineer

Honestly, I didn't like this Prince of Persia at all. I thought the graphics were a breath of fresh air, but beyond that the game felt incredibly repetitive. There just seemed to be too much "filler" content of running around doing the same thing, and not enough forward progressing with the story.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By pyromagnestir

I liked it a lot, as well, and would thoroughly enjoy a sequel.

Did you play the dlc? People seem to regard it poorly, but I thought it was alright. I think I thought it was alright, anyway, as it's been about 3 years since I played it.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Hizang

@pyromagnestir: No, I don't intend to, people said it left them with a sour taste in there mouth, I'd rather if there never is a sequel that this is the last I play of it.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#9  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Hizang: understandable. I don't really remember anything so bad about it, but I seem to be in the extreme minority about that. And maybe I was just so high on everything else that rose colored glasses kicked in and messed with my perception of it all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.