Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Professor Layton

Franchise »

A series of brain teaser games on the DS and 3DS by Level-5.

Never played a Professor Layton Game, but very interested.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

So I've always been somewhat interested in Professor Layton games, but I just assumed it wasn't a game for me (being puzzle based). However, a few months ago I bought Picross 3D and was really intrigued by it, and found it a great time killer for when I'm travelling. Now that Professor Layton and the Unwound Future is out I'm starting to think that I may actually enjoy this type of game (especially after watching the Quick Look). My question is, should I start from the very beginning of the series, or just jump right into the new title? Oh, also, I was so interested by the series I watched the whole story of the first game on Youtube. Will the puzzles themselves still be enough if you recommend I buy the first?

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Goly

I would start from the beginning since there are some recurring characters and sometimes there are references in the second game to the first one. Plus they're very enjoyable and great time killers. And I love the fact that basically the game revolves around solving puzzles and yet manages to have a very entertaining and kind of whacky story which always has a nice ending. I cannot recommend this series enough!

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MisterMouse

It does seem like a cool game, something simple and enjoyable. I feel like it would actually work well on the iPad or iPhone/iPod Touch and just have the story with the puzzles and have it all in short bits being able to save whenever. The story with the puzzle I feel is a really cool thing

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CountRockula

I definitely recommend getting into Professor Layton, although if you watched the entire story of the first game on youtube then you might want to start with the second game rather than the first (unless the puzzles are the big draw for you, in which case have at the first game as well). 

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By nick_verissimo

I'm glad i read this, because I was definitely about to go out and buy the unwound future today while skipping the first two games. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.