Hey, that's me in the promo shot for the article! Awesome!
CharlesAlanRatliff's forum posts
Edit: After doing several more hours of research and getting help at avsforum.com, I am going with the Samsung PN60F3500.
Hello! I've been doing research on this, but I wanted to hear some opinions from Giant Bombers, as well. Search wasn't working for me.
My projector died and I am looking to replace it with a TV. While it will be used for television and movies, its primary purpose is for video games. I will also be hooking my PC up to it for games.
1. My limit is $1,000.
2. It needs to be able to handle 1080p at 60 FPS with no issues.
3. Viewing distance is easily adjusted in my setup, so this isn't a factor.
4. It will be used in a room covered in blackout curtains.
5. I don't care much about 3D and couldn't care less about "smart" functionality. Every device hooked up to this TV will have all the streaming and media options I need.
6. The TV will not be mounted, but will be sitting on a table.
7. The bigger, the better (without sacrificing quality).
So what would be the best screen type? I've read a lot of conflicting reports between choices like plasma vs. LCD, etc. Games are going to be played on this television a LOT.
Thank you for your time and suggestions. I am looking to make this purchase within the next couple of days. I refuse to play Second Son on my 25-inch monitor!
Some TVs I am looking at on Amazon:
Aw, that sucks. I only went there after the buyout to update my own credits page, but there was a lot of good content on there from the old days. I'm glad that the most important stuff seems to have been saved offline.
@noizy: That's great! Thanks for sharing.
That may be the first time I've seen a game have achievements for doing activities outside of the game. I like the whole honor system part about it; it makes me want to not cheat!
Curiosity: What's Inside the Cube? should be Curiosity – what’s inside the cube