By Gav47 35 Comments
Yep, after about 6 months of research I finally decided to order the parts and just get it done.
This was the first PC I ever built and I was quite surprised how easy it was. I pretty much learned everything I needed to know from Geno's thread and Tested's How to video. The only problem I ran into was installing the OS as I installed the 32 bit version of widows instead of the 64 bit.
- Its damn fast, the fastest PC I've ever used in fact.
- Its nice to finally be able to play PC games without them looking like slide shows.
- I finally have a place to store all my data that isn't an external drive
- MSI includes a special technology on their motherboards called O.C Genie which is meant to take a measure of your system and automatically overclock your CPU and memory, this automatically gives me a BSoD so I'm going to have to learn to overclock for reals.
- I order all my parts from Germany as the prices in Ireland for PC parts are ridiculous, part of this order was a keyboard and to my surprise it was in German (facepalm). So all the basic keys are the same i.e A-Z, 1-0 (had to switch the y and z keys around) but the symbols and function keys are all fucked up.
- Motherboard: MSI P55 GD65
- CPU / Cooler: Intel Core i5 760, Corsair H50
- Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 GB DDR3
- HDD: 1TB + 2 TB Samsung F3
- Graphics: 2x Sparkle GTX 470
- Displays: 22" LG Flatron LED Monitor
- Speakers: 2.1 Logitech X-230
- Keyboard: Keysonic 8001 (possibly the worst keyboard I've ever used)
- Mouse: Razer Deathadder
- Case: Lian Li PC-7FN
- PSU: Coolermaster 850W
- OS: Windows 7