• Lane_ posted a message on the post 8-4 Play 6/26/2015: YABAI.

    I wish they would use the show notes section and add the timestamps.Time – Topic Discussed: 19:40 – Splatoon29:08 – Fallout Shelter33:32 – Batman: Arkham Knight41:02 – The Evil Within: The Consequence...

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Ubisoft raised price of ACIV by 60% for today's 40% off sale. on the Moderator Hangout board

    @audiobusting: That's some unfortunate timing for them. I think it's editing time for my post :)

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Ubisoft raised price of ACIV by 60% for today's 40% off sale. on the Moderator Hangout board

    @babblerock: While it maybe common in retail, it's still anti-consumer. It's also much easier to get caught your pants down on internet when tracking prices can be easily automated, and in Steam's cas...

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Ubisoft raised price of ACIV by 60% for today's 40% off sale. on the Moderator Hangout board

    Rockstar did almost same with GTA V. It seems they added 15 bucks worth of in-game currency (which is actually free for the company, so nothing actually worth money lost for them), pumped up the price...

  • Lane_ followed 1.
  • Lane_ followed 1.
  • Lane_ followed 1.
  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic XCOM 2 Announced, Due on PC in November. on the XCOM 2 board

    It's good to see XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within did well enough to warrant a sequel.And good article, it's nice to see some one to look a bit deeper into a seemingly simple announcement.

  • Lane_ posted a message on the post 8-4 Play 5/29/2015: DATE WITH DESTINY.

    @amyggen: Thanks for the time stamps. Makes it easier to skip Destiny content ;)

  • Lane_ posted a message on the post Video Thing: It's A Website.

    What is this? Where am I? Cheetah!

  • Lane_ posted a message on the post Unfinished: Black Mesa 05/19/2015.

    I don't know, I'd probably like some kind of military perspective of this game. Maybe like a boot camp for starters and after that they would be deployed to the science facility that seems to be taken...

  • Lane_ posted a message on the post 8-4 Play 5/15/2015: VIVE LE FRANCE.

    Yes, show notes section should be used more in general too. But in 8-4 Play's case it probably wouldn't be too much extra work or time presuming that they could provide those easily with podcast to up...

  • Lane_ posted a message on the post Ubisoft Announces Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

    Pre-ordered 908545 copies on PC because what if the game will be sold out at launch as all the games nowadays with all these digital stores and such, and also because the most well thought and polishe...

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic P.T. Has Been Scrubbed from PSN. on the Silent Hills board

    Welcome to the future where it might become impossible to preserve games because companies involved don't actually care about their products in any other way but as assets worth of money. And that's a...

  • Lane_ posted a message on the post Giant Bombcast 04/28/2015 (Premium).

    But how long is the spoiler? What's the time stamp to jump to skip the spoiler? I might still get the game from sale now that they actually have finished it.

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Steam Adds Support for Paid Mods. on the Steam Workshop board

    @grelik said:All im worried about is what happens when new patches come out and break your mods you paid for? or after a few months the author stops supporting the mod, or new conflicts between mods a...

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Steam Adds Support for Paid Mods. on the Steam Workshop board

    @malestrom said:@president_barackbar: I would say early access has helped create some great games. I love the game besiege which is in early access. Crypt of the necro dancer is leaving EA which is a...

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Steam Adds Support for Paid Mods. on the Steam Workshop board

    Did some basic math for this one after reading stuff from the Workshop FAQs.Valve and Bethesda takes 75% which leaves the mod creator getting 25% of the revenue but you have to give Valve your tax inf...

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Steam Adds Support for Paid Mods. on the Steam Workshop board

    While I like the idea of modders getting paid for their work, I fear how the companies involved are going to modify this in the future. Already the revenue share seems a bit skewed to favor companies,...

  • Lane_ posted a message in the forum topic Hey, It's Deus Ex. on the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided board

    And they started taking pre-orders for the game. Anyone else think it's a bit sleazy thing to do when you have just put out a CG announcement trailer without any kind of release date even? Not to bash...