By NovidAnon 11 Comments
Note- This is the short version of the post.
April 17 2011:
· PSN Hacked Into, information stolen.
· Types of information – Addy, Name, Zip code CC not certain
· IT People state this was a vengeance attacked – GeoHot Affiliated but these anon take no responsibility.
April 19 2011:
· PSN Shutdown to protect from any other intrusions.
· Shutdown effects 75 million (35 to 40 main with possible double accounts)
· What they did to the PSN Network was pure evil.
· That several members of Neogaf, Gamefaqs, and Giant Bomb supported them in some form and fashion is a form of madness.
· Similar to what Crucnhroll did with the rest of the American anime dubbing business.
The Playstation Brand:
· Sony PR isn’t well equipped to handle disasters like these.
· Major crisis of confidence for the playstation brand for years to come.
Anon/GeoHot and the “PS3 Hack”
· Sony’s main reason for going after Geohot was for the protection of their first party games and the protection of the customers.
· The DDoS attack which lead into the hack might have come from the hardware crack which Sony was weak in making sure it was clear and away secure before the hack
The Fanbases disappointment:
· Sony was to detached for people feelings about these issues.
· Gaming websites question the future of the Playstation Brand.
· Microsoft wise not to rub salt on wound realizing retaliation is a mother-
· The anger created certain funny and unfunny memes. Some say it’s the end of the relationship with Sony and them period, others say this shakes their confidence.
· As there is much blame to be placed on Sony it has been misplaced.
· Hackers are treated with kid gloves. 4Chan and the darkness, the multiple boorus, Crunchyroll’s promises of sexual blushing.
· Unlike the some of the ideas that hackers live by, these actions have real and devastating consequences.
· The FBI hasn’t done its job concerning financial malfeasance – but they will find these hackers.
· The only future that is in store for them is a cell with bubba.
Steps for PSN to become better:
· Voice Chat day one (May 31)
· PSN Card as the main way to buy or purchase stuff from the store.
· Free Access for the other store fronts for a month (starting May 31)
· Memories of Xenogears, Chrono Cross and MGS on the Playstation but sadly this issue with the PSN hurts.
· The case for “freedom” the hackers/anon represent is spurious at best, insane at worse.
· The Anon’s case against hypocrisy when it comes to internet freedoms is hurt because of this hack.
· Future of the internet will no longer be controlled by them or the Anon’s of the world.
· The media was never social nor based on networking. Media needs tools to work.
· Took the name Novidanon cause despite what others thought of them were above board.
· Proven wrong twice dealing with Jessi Savage and the PSN hack.
· Chosen the losers but needed to stand out from rest of the pack.
· Doubt that I will stay with video games after this gen ends (2 years left it seems)
· If the internet becomes more like the WWE – you know who the blame.
· The web has become a den of vipers and predators. Even the mobile web has issues. It’s setting up for another dotcom crash that will make the first one look like child’s play.
· If the anon’s were worth their salt – then create their own network and leave the networks behind. They didn’t do it and they will get what is coming to them to our detriment.
Update: Sony apologized to the users of the PSN who service has been down since April 19. They promised service in a week.
Update: Sony also announced a date for the FULL PSN Service to be up – May 31. Other services will also be up starting from May 9 onward as Sony and its hired security agency finishes security testing.