By szydlak 15 Comments
I do admire the bloodshed in video games, although I'm trying to test a variety of recent and older titles, because - in my own opinion - some research & experience on your own enables a player to find some great yet sometimes unnoticed games. But without further ado - the gore awaits!
NOTE: Of course there are more games that fit in here (e.g. God of War, Waxworks, Pray for Death, Thrill Killl etc.), but I'm only posting the ones I completed in this entry.
1. Creatures - one of the greatest Commodore 64 games ever created. Fine sprites that delivered you a fine amount of gore! Bear in mind tht these were the 80's.
2. Creatures 2 - a great sequel to a graet game.
3. Beowulf - Zemeckis made a great movie, but the game was pretty shitty...apart from the boss finishing moves!
4. Manhut - this is a pure classic but most of th YT users posted all the awesome fatalities without the dirty VHS effect. That's a pitty as it adds the snuff feeling to the video.
5. Dreamweb - an almost forgotten adventure game in vein of Blade Runner - had some really intense gore features!
6. Rex Nebular - a quite hard point & click with fabulous oger.
7. Dark Sector - a very good title without a good advertising campaign. A bloody chunk. Get it if you can - probably the bargain price
8. SAW - I really liked the franchise up to some point. The game had some fairly well presented gore effects....and screwed up combat as well;)
10. Gladiator - with over the top violence presentation !
12. Space Siege - a totally pointles h'n's with no more than two nice finishing sequences.
I also dig other games like e.g. Ninja Blade, but the finishing moves are cool enough to make it a separate topic one day.
Play hard & have a good life!
Thanks to all people that read this! Thanks for respect for the games! They deserve it!