Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 09, 2009

Prototype is an open-world action game from Radical Entertainment. You are Alex Mercer, a human transformed by a deadly virus into a virtually invincible killing machine.

GamePro review of Prototype

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

since most of us are starved for reviews of the game, here is one from GamePro:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210743/prototype/

4.5 / 5 pretty much what i expect most sites will give it (around 4 out of 5 or 8 out of 10, or in between those)

JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JukeboxJoe

IGN gave it a 7.5. Said the powers and combat was good but the graphics were terrible and the missions were cookie-cutter

Slippery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Slippery

Hopefully Brad is reviewing it, then we can get some sort of comparison between Prototype and inFamous, for the gamer without much $

Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pantalooney
    @Slippery said:
    " Hopefully Brad is reviewing it, then we can get some sort of comparison between Prototype and inFamous, for the gamer without much $ "
    He said he was playing it on the Bombcast and nobody else played it in the crew , he will do the review and i can't wait for it.
    Oryxoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Oryxoid
    @Pantalooney said:
    "
    @Slippery said:
    " Hopefully Brad is reviewing it, then we can get some sort of comparison between Prototype and inFamous, for the gamer without much $ "
    He said he was playing it on the Bombcast and nobody else played it in the crew , he will do the review and i can't wait for it. "
    I wonder if his review will be influenced from his time spent with InFamous.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By subject2change

It probably will and thats why I am avoiding the game now; as inFAMOUS is still quite fresh in my brain. Wait for a price drop or something then i'll give prototype a shot.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ket87

Prototype just seems like a bargain bin game, good ideas, questionable execution, mediocre results. If I ever do buy it I'll wait till its on the $15 used rack, I'll spend my $60 on something a little more polished. Besides I already got inFamous don't need Prototype.

Avatar image for darkenzanarikado
    DarkEnzanArikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkEnzanArikado

I will have to agree when it comes to the graphics not being as good. I bought the game today and I enjoy it. But after playing inFamous at my friends place. Gameplay is still pretty awesome though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.