Guyver!? Is That You?

#1 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

So, I just got the armor upgrade in Prototype and the first thing I thought was "It's the Guyver!". Observe:

Here are some reference images for those of you who may not know who/what the Guyver is:

Did anyone else who saw this think this as well? I mean, I know it's not completely the same, but you have to admit that the similarities are uncanny.

#2 Posted by DrRandle (1202 posts) -

I see where you're going, though I don't necessarily think that was what they were doing.  Maybe, though.

More importantly, that first screenshot looks like this big buff bio-armored man-beast is wearing a little white skirt. Yes. That is of importance.

#3 Posted by TheHT (11278 posts) -

Reminds me more of the Nightshade armor I used to use in Oblivion.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/14999-4-1201621320.jpg

#4 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@DrRandle: Haha... I bumped the button when I hit the screenshot, which caused that to pop up.

I can't help now to shout "GUYVER!" whenever I turn on the armor, as is done in the anime/movies. Like David Hayter in the second Guyver movie.

#5 Posted by DrRandle (1202 posts) -

<3 the live action guyver movies sooo much.

#6 Posted by Dauragon (554 posts) -

Hahah holy crap I never even though of that. It is Guyver!

#7 Posted by kitsune_conundrum (1202 posts) -

but can the prototype guy do the mega buster?

#8 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@kitsune_conundrum: I don't think so, sadly.
#9 Posted by Forzen (89 posts) -

haha this is actually the first thing i thought of when i first saw the armour. Not seen Guyver in years but there is no denying it looks very similar.

#10 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@PureRok: That thing is badass.
#11 Posted by Almak (90 posts) -

The first thing I thought about when I saw that armour is actually this Tsutomu Nihei manga:

http://www.onemanga.com/Abara/

A one specific character in it had pretty much the exact same power which looked somewhat similar.
On a totally unrelated note. How freaking weird is that Guyver's ultimate(?) power is flashing you with his yellow bio boobs. Ah Japan. :)

#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

*remembers guyver the anime and the live action.* childhood memories...

#13 Posted by BlazBleu (108 posts) -

Yeah, I was wondering why it looked so familiar.

#14 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

I was thinking more along the lines of a Berserker from Gears of War.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.