Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

30 Hours in and i never get anyone with mics!

Nokturnal85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got back into PC gaming after being console only for the last 5 or 6 years and i immediately picked up PUBG. I am having a blast but as someone that has no friends on steam i am having a hard time finding anyone that talks while playing Duos or Squad, What gives?

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Quite often you will get matched with a squad that are voice chatting through Discord and will have their in-game voice chat muted. Or perhaps yours is muted? CTRL+T to toggle mute, and CTRL+Y to change channels by default.

You may have more fun joining the GB PUBG Discord and teaming up with some friendly folks there if you don't mind playing on NA servers: https://discord.gg/DUwJy8 At least they won't teamkill you for having a better gun.

cakedotavi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cakedotavi

When the game first launched voice chat was always on by default and couldn't be filtered to only friends/squad mates. It turned into 80 people screaming the most racist, homophobic shit imaginable over top of each other pretty quick. I turned off in-game VOIP on like day 2 and have never looked back.

I don't play matchmaking for squads or duos, as I find the chance of getting a good, cooperative squad is just too low. If I want to get going with a group I'll find one outside of the game and we all chat on Discord or whatever. Effectively the use case of "find and talk to a random person" is not relevant to me, and thus I've never bothered to open up squad chat or anything.

spiderml

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like heaven to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.