Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

We won a game of duos with out seeing a single other person.

munkippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

I only fired my gun once and that was by accident. We were super confused and thought we had been sniped when the noticed popped. Turns out you can win by skill in stealth alone (or blind luck).

dill333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dill333

I was the teammate:

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How quick did the final numbers dwindle? Was it stuck around 6 left for a while until they killed eachother, or did it all happen before you guys knew what was even going on?

munkippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By munkippo

@wheresderrick: We just crawled to the circle and there were 7 left. We heard shooting then the game ended.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I wondered if this was possible, that's awesome!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm always surprised when people die outside the playzone lategame. Like, I know, you think it's unsafe to leave whatever cover you're in because you'll be exposed. But if you stay in cover and the playzone constricts, there is a 100% chance that you die rather quickly; if you leave cover and run for it, maybe your opponent is a terrible shot? At least there is a non-zero chance of you surviving if you make a run for it.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By pweidman

It can happen obviously. Sometimes caution can be the better side of valor. Chicken for two!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not only can it happen but hardcore camping is the easiest way to get #1 by far.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@munkippo: this is how I hope to win some day, preferably while in a fast car while #2 gets kill by the electric wall.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@pweidman said:

It can happen obviously. Sometimes caution can be the better side of valor. Chicken for two!

Once you get down to the last bit of the match and the circle is incredibly small, it can be pretty tough to move up into a space where there's no cover and death is almost certain. The blue wall also does more damage the farther you go into the match, so the death is much faster towards the end if you get caught outside the safe zone.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I've noticed really good streamers get caught up in clearing and looting large complexes they don't notice how much time they are taking. They get tunnel vision and only see a mountain of loot and no opposition. Before they know it they are far from the new safe zone and start spamming energy drinks and health ups while running for their lives. I've also seen streamers look at the map, determine they will eventually die and commit suicide via holding a cooked grenade.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope the final version of this game has the win screen with your character/team sitting at a table eating chicken.

moregrammarplz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm always surprised when people die outside the playzone lategame. Like, I know, you think it's unsafe to leave whatever cover you're in because you'll be exposed. But if you stay in cover and the playzone constricts, there is a 100% chance that you die rather quickly; if you leave cover and run for it, maybe your opponent is a terrible shot? At least there is a non-zero chance of you surviving if you make a run for it.

Sometimes you get involved in a firefight as the circle's constricting. It sucks. I've been on teams that have straight up won 2v4 fights and then died to the blue circle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got second with another pair of duders earlier tonight. Easily the most fun I've had with this game! You can join the discord here:

https://discord.gg/nBSKC

No stress if you're new, we started our two first games being the first team killed, then took 2nd. It's a blast!

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By CJduke

@bisonhero said:

Me and my friend got 3rd in duos last night because as the circle got smaller we got into an open field fire fight and I was in first person and somehow managed to not be able to get out of first person view, couldn't run, and by the time I did the blue wall killed me. I swear to god I tapped out of first person and it didn't let me. I was trying to get up at the same time so maybe that was the problem.

Game is janky as hell but I didn't even care I lost like that. It's so much fun.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@munkippo: I see a lot of people trying to take choke point and power positions as the circle shrinks and honestly i do better avoiding conflict for as long as possible. I've gotten into top 10's a ton of times with barely firing a shot. just takes patience and good stealth techniques like only moving when you absolutely have to and picking good places to hold up.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only other thing that could beat this is killing all 98 other players. hahah

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.