Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Which weapons would you like to see make it into the game?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

It's something my friends and I have discussed at length and, with the recent weapon announcements and the looming "vault update" we're starting to get a better feel for which playstyles the developers want to promote.

So wanted to throw a couple of suggestions into the ring and see what people thought.

SPAS shotgun

The S12K is pretty poor compared to a regular shotgun that's using a choke, and I feel like all the most popular/powerful weapons seem to prioritise long-range playstyles, and I think a powerful semi-automatic shotgun would be a great way to mix that up, maybe not as a world-spawn but as a loot crate weapon that could shred level three armour but only at very close range. Also

A Desert Eagle / Magnum Revolver

A powerful pistol that could provide some hard-hitting single-shot action earlygame. The current revolver is a bit of a joke.

A Grenade Launcher

Clearing rooms has always been a nightmare, and having a more accessible/accurate way to bounce grenades into a room would be awesome. Obviously this would also be great against destructible shacks/vehicles but a way to negate hard cover would help a lot against those lengthy 3rd person stalemates. Obviously this should have limited ammo that's only available in loot crates, however.

A 50. cal sniper rifle

There's a lot of sniper/long range rifles already in the game, but I think a super-heavy rifle with a shitload of recoil could be awesome. Similar to the MK14 and M249 this should be designed to be used prone, and trying to snipe while standing should be problematic to balance out the power, but having a rifle that could completely fuck up a vehicle would be amazing.

Other changes that I think would help a lot:

Right now I feel like in any instance that an SMG is viable, having a fully automatic rifle is almost always better - the UMP especially is very average, and after the last nerf to it's recoil and firing rate it becomes redundant much sooner into each game. There should be a reason to pick an SMG over an AR, preferably one that capitalises on the intended short-mid range effectiveness of that kind of weapon.

Take KAR98's and MK14's out of loot crates. The Kar is already in the world anyway. The mini14 and M16 are too powerful right now and if you already have either of those guns then the MK14 is basically redundant too. Similarly an unmodded M16 feels comparable to a fully modded SKS, so I don't know why you'd ever take the latter. Some balancing needs to happen with the way those mid-long range weapons are stacked right now.

Alright Giant Bomb. What say you?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ivdamke

Any of the classics really,

1. M1 Garand
    2. Mosin Nagant
    3. MP5 Navy
    4. G36C
    5. F2000
    6. RPK
    7. Bren
    8. M95
    9. DAO-12
    10. Dragunov

There's so many you could just add to PUBG without disrupting systems too much because of crate and loot table balancing. I also really like PUBGs ability to have a selection varying over the last 80 years or so without being totally stuck to 2000s weaponry.

I also definitely agree with you on the SMGs, I would also extend that feeling to pistols too it gets to a point where if I land and loot is uncontested there's 0 reason to pick up anything below an AR.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Giantstalker

I think a mortar (60mm solo, maybe 81mm as a crew) would be pretty cool, only situationally useful but a great way to flush out a known camp site.

Also think medium machine guns like the FN MAG or M60 are such a legendary weapons, they deserve to be in pretty much any game ever

Keep in mind I do not play PUBG, instead I find myself watching it surprisingly often (this site and elsewhere). I just see the same tactics over and over again and hope for new tools to mix it up, a lot if possible

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@ivdamke: Some more WW2 era weaponry would be awesome actually, I could completely get behind a bren gun, although they've already announced this which might fill that niche:

I like the idea of an M1 Garand, an MP40 could be a cool SMG to have in there as well. I think instead of just putting a bunch of favourites in they really need to consider how each inclusion would impact the game. If they fill the world with sniper rifles then we're only ever going to see long-range combat - when I think ideally they should be promoting variety.

Personally I like when you land on something random and have to make do. Improvisation and adaptation is a key component of them game when you're not finding the loot you want.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know that guns are what the game needs any more of, it already covers the spread very well with what's already out there and with variety in each category. If they gave some existing items actual functionality (Ballistic Mask serving as extra head armor, gas mask allowing you to breath when in a smoke grenade area, smoke grenades causing the players inside them to cough) or new items like tasers, tear gas grenade, traps that make a sound when someone trips them, socks that allow you to walk or run without making a sound but you run slower. Anything that can allow for more player ingenuity during play would open up the play potential way more than any new guns would.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It's a way bigger ask, but instead of more kinda samey weapons (like more shotguns you're mostly only going to use in the first 1-10 minutes of the game), I'd much rather they add derpier vehicles which lead to great highlight reels. Vehicle mishaps are like, half the reason that GTA and Battlefield are still so incredibly popular.

So my request is that they add some kind of basic helicopter to the game, and maybe for balance reasons have it rip through fuel really fast so you can't actually use it for very long because having that kind of aerial vision for extended periods of time would probably be a little too OP. Maybe one of these bad boys:

No Caption Provided

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

A frozen tuna, as in Dark Cloud.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soulcake

A ballistic knife. a P90 a F2000. and a black powder gun a late one, like a Martini Henry. one shot one kill kinda stuff. and something totally OP like a automatic grenade launcher in air drops.

Trappister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Golden gun please! One shot one kill super rare <3

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I don't really know that much about guns, so not able to make specific suggestions but it would be nice to get guns that all serve a purpose. The guys I end up playing with most of the time now don't even pick anything that isn't an AR or Sniper. Which is frustrating when they take a shotgun blast to the face because they are unarmed because - "shotguns, pistols and SMGs are useless".

But I get their point, outside of the first few minutes and maybe the last few more than half the guns lack a reason to use them. @sweep A get the desert eagle suggestion, would love a pistol that is useful throughout the game.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: They've already ruled out Helicopters as something that will never come to the game which I'm heavily in favour of. They will disrupt the dynamic too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The game needs more explosions. So whatever guns achieve that: add some.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

It's a way bigger ask, but instead of more kinda samey weapons (like more shotguns you're mostly only going to use in the first 1-10 minutes of the game), I'd much rather they add derpier vehicles which lead to great highlight reels. Vehicle mishaps are like, half the reason that GTA and Battlefield are still so incredibly popular.

So my request is that they add some kind of basic helicopter to the game, and maybe for balance reasons have it rip through fuel really fast so you can't actually use it for very long because having that kind of aerial vision for extended periods of time would probably be a little too OP. Maybe one of these bad boys:

No Caption Provided

I like the idea (I have no idea how janky it would be). The limiting concept of it starting with low fuel or really tearing through fuel could really help balance it - seeing as everyone who can see you knows where you land would be a good counter. No on board weapons (though you could fire your regular guns from it). To stop squads just hoarding fuel to keep going forever, maybe make it so that you have to combine 2 or 3 regular fuel cans to make 'helicopter fuel' or something like that.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sweep  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.