Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Punisher

Character » appears in 27 games

The Punisher is a vigilante in the Marvel Universe. After the death of his family at the hands of the mafia, Frank Castle becomes The Punisher, dedicated to fighting crime with lethal force.

Punisher Sequel? (War Zone)

FordFairlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By FordFairlane
    Punisher: War Zone
    Punisher: War Zone
    Was at the movie theater this week and saw this poster on the wall:

Now, I remeber the first one, and I like Thomas Jane, but by the time the credits rolled, "sequel" was not the first thing that sprung to mind.

Did the original make a load of cash while I wasn't looking, or is this just because Marvel is on a serious roll right now?
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I'm not sure...this was announced a while ago and initially I was a bit excited. I really thought that The first Thoman Jane Punisher was actually pretty good...just John Travolta was awful. But since Jane isn't going to be a part of this film I stopped caring a long time ago. 3 punisher movies with 3 different punishers...at some point they either need to make up their mind or just quit with this franchise.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Kush said:
    "I'm not sure...this was announced a while ago and initially I was a bit excited. I really thought that The first Thoman Jane Punisher was actually pretty good...just John Travolta was awful. But since Jane isn't going to be a part of this film I stopped caring a long time ago. 3 punisher movies with 3 different punishers...at some point they either need to make up their mind or just quit with this franchise.
    "

A very strange, very masochistic part of me was disappointed when Dolph Lundgren was not the lead actor for Punisher: War Zone

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kush
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Kush said:
    "I'm not sure...this was announced a while ago and initially I was a bit excited. I really thought that The first Thoman Jane Punisher was actually pretty good...just John Travolta was awful. But since Jane isn't going to be a part of this film I stopped caring a long time ago. 3 punisher movies with 3 different punishers...at some point they either need to make up their mind or just quit with this franchise.
    "

A very strange, very masochistic part of me was disappointed when Dolph Lundgren was not the lead actor for Punisher: War Zone

"
    lol...I remember that movie from a long time ago and remember loving it :P but I haven't seen it since.
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Systech

I don't think it will end up being very good. At least there is no John Travolta to be seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FUCK YES!

I just saw this flick and it was a glorious cavalcade of violence which has only been topped by Rambo IV in recent years.
    No romantic subplot, no stupid exposition. Just Frank killing scum. I still have a boner.

They need to make a truly epic Punisher game. Let Starbreeze do it, they showed us they had the skills in gritty environments in The Darkness.
    Or maybe Monolith with the more grounded levels of the Condemned games and it's graphic ultraviolence.

I'm totally getting this when it's released on Blu-Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, how can you not be pumped just by the trailer?

Frank doesn't even talk the first 20-25 minutes of the flick, he just kills people.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Such a cheesy, over-the-top, poorly acted movie!!!

I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!

So much blood, violence, crazy shit, great villain, and all that.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai

The movie is awesome should deff buy it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I laughed my ass off when he shot that free running idiot with a rocket launcher.
    I haven't laughed that much at someone getting killed in a flick since the pit trap scene of that awful Pathfinder flick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, Roger Ebert's review of this is epic

Roger Ebert said:

There's a big audience for disgusting, and I confidently predict the movie will "win the weekend," if not very many hearts and minds. Here you will see a man's kidney ripped out and eaten, a chair leg pushed through a head via the eyeball, a roomful of men wiped out by the Punisher revolving upside-down from a chandelier and firing machine-guns with both hands, a widow and her wee girl threatened with mayhem, heads sliced off, victims impaled and skewered, and the villain thrown into a machine that crushes glass bottles in much the same way concrete is mixed.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187
    TeflonBilly said:
    "I laughed my ass off when he shot that free running idiot with a rocket launcher.
    I haven't laughed that much at someone getting killed in a flick since the pit trap scene of that awful Pathfinder flick."
    WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  Pathfinder is the shit!!!  I love that fucking movie...and pretty much anything Marcus Nispel directs!!!

Also, yes...the free runner had it coming with his stupid dreads and retarded flips.

Me and my cousin actually did a review of War Zone on Episode 3 of our podcast (which we still haven't gotten going again yet).  We both fucking loved it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187 said:
    "WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  Pathfinder is the shit!!!  I love that fucking movie...and pretty much anything Marcus Nispel directs!!!

Also, yes...the free runner had it coming with his stupid dreads and retarded flips.

Me and my cousin actually did a review of War Zone on Episode 3 of our podcast (which we still haven't gotten going again yet).  We both fucking loved it.
    "
    Dude, I give Pathfinder an automatic five stars for that trap scene. But I can't say I enjoyed the rest of the flick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.