Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Q.U.B.E.

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 16, 2011

Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion (aka, Q.U.B.E.) is a first-person indie puzzler developed by Toxic Games; players are tasked with completing challenges revolving around manipulating different types of colored blocks using a pair of special gloves.

Just completed Q.U.B.E

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

After watching the Quicklook Brad and Vinny done earlier this week I was really interested in this game, so I thought i'd download it this weekend and give it a go,after just over 3 hours of playing i've just completed the game. I am really impressed, the puzzles are really well thought andI didnt find a way to cheat a single puzzle. Unlike Portal, there is no story thoughout the game, which I found was a little disappointing as there is definitely potential for a story. Saying that I have only unlocked 9/15 acheivements, these are what I didn't unlock... LINK

Which is interesting, I really think people should play though Q.U.B.E, its Portal quality puzzles with a little more unique mechanics they introduce though the whole of the game.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Jedted

I'm up to the first Magnet puzzle which is where i had to stop because eye was starting to hurt. So far i like what i've played and it deffinatly reminds me of the first time i played Portal. It's kind of a shame it doesn't have any kind of story but if this blows up like the original Portal did then who knows what the developers might have a mind for a sequel.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ghost_cat

I had no idea it was so short, but I will still give it a shot. Like what Brad mention in the quick look: the way the environment shifts and rearranges is really cool looking.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By spankingaddict

It looks pretty great , actually . Glad to see some people really like it . I'll give it a shot soon .

Can't get enough of 'em puzzle games ...

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Talis12

bought it today.. made it half way sector 7 in about 2,5 hours.. 3 to 3,5 hours for the full game seems about right

the puzzles are pretty good.. they switch it up nicely between thinking, timing and mechanics etc.. so far not that big of a challenge though.. the most time you spend is execution of the solution, not finding the solution.. still a worthy game to have in your library

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Grillbar

@Hooded said:

After watching the Quicklook Brad and Vinny done earlier this week I was really interested in this game, so I thought i'd download it this weekend and give it a go,after just over 3 hours of playing i've just completed the game. I am really impressed, the puzzles are really well thought andI didnt find a way to cheat a single puzzle. Unlike Portal, there is no story thoughout the game, which I found was a little disappointing as there is definitely potential for a story. Saying that I have only unlocked 9/15 acheivements, these are what I didn't unlock... LINK

Which is interesting, I really think people should play though Q.U.B.E, its Portal quality puzzles with a little more unique mechanics they introduce though the whole of the game.

i have completed the game 2 times and im still missing the same achivements the game was really fun but a bit easy there was only one puzzle that was hard in my oppinion i think it was the last one in sector 5

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Sin4profit

I'm at 2 hours, in section 6, and every time i hit "continue game" the game crashes...so, i'm done with this game.

It's amusing but i'd suggest waiting for a deep sale.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

I played the demo after seeing the QL. I do plan on getting it, but not now. I'll wait for a sale or something. Not that the game isn't worth it - it is - but I have certain priorities that I want to keep before indulging this game.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By themangalist

I'd much rather it NOT have a story. Given how similar the aesthetics are it would definitely be a wrong move to attempt to write any story because for anyone who played Portal, it'd be underwhelming. I'm glad it ended in an atmospheric way.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By TehFlan

I bought it during the Steam sale and just finished it. It was pretty fun.

@themangalist said:

I'm glad it ended in an atmospheric way.

Clever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.