Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rage

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Oct 04, 2011

id Software's Rage combines first-person shooting, vehicular action, and "open but directed" exploration to tell the story of Earth's wretched civilization after a cataclysmic meteor strike. Militaristic authority figures, freedom-fighting rebels, criminal raiders, and twisted mutants battle each other for control of the barren wasteland Earth has become.

I'm raging about Rage (visually anyways)

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hoossy

yes, the rage for Rage will be raging for a raging amount of rage..... Rage.

No Caption Provided

just wanted to say, while graphics won't make up for the thin plot blah blah blah.

This game is blowing my mind on how beautiful it looks. yes there are some pop ins, yes some tearing. But jesus, just when I though that the consoles were dieing. When even BF3 has (slightly) underwhelmed me. Rage, at least visually, is giving me a RAGING CLUE.

No Caption Provided
    TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TwilitEnd656

You got to actually PLAY? It's been locking up on me every time I step out of the Ark on PC. =P

After Dead Island I probably would have let it go... If the game hadn't been gold for some time now, and the fact that they did release the correct version of the game.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

So...the plot is thin? Fuck, would you say it's thinner than Dead Island? Cause I'm really not looking for another game with just the most basic semblance of a plot.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hoossy

@TheDudeOfGaming:

I wouldn't say that it is Dead Island thin... but I would say that the plot doesn't matter.... I don't think anyone will play this game for it. Lets say that the plot is really more interesting than the side quests.

If you play this game, play it for what it is. A very strong straight up shooter in a gorgeous world with some fantastic character design.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I thought OP was going to complain about the popin.

I CAN NOT WAIT to see it in motion in person. All these online videos dont do it justice i dont think

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Hey I have no issues, don't judge the game until you actually have it running on your own system. People having issues the first hours of release shouldn't detract from your personal experience. If the issues are very wide spread you can assume upcoming tweaks from nvidia will help, and of course game patches if that's needed though my experience so far indicates it might not be.

astonish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By astonish

Firstly, the visuals are really interesting. From 30 ft away the raytraced lighting and uniquely textured worlds are sublime, especially when moving through them at normal speed I feel really immersed and it really lives up to the promise of everything being unique. I never really feel in games like Crysis 2 and Gears 3 that the world is visually repetitive or unrealistic, but now I wonder because it really is noticeably better in rage when moving. Then however you get up close to some corners of the world and it is an overcompressed mess like a bad google street view and it throws into focus how static and unbreakable the world is... I'm the kind of gamer that obsessively checks every corner and I'm a gfx nerd and like to check things out in detail. Rage requires me to keep moving and step back to take the whole scene in instead of obsessing the details. A really interesting trade off, and when your actually playing the game running around its pretty amazing, but with all that uniqueness I'm continually compelled to stop and smell the roses only to get disappointed when i do... It's was a strange technical gamble and I think it payed off. The game is about running and shooting, not stopping in every dark corner to look at something.

Thats my gfx nerd out tho, the game itself is surprisingly a lot more enjoyable than expected. I have kind been burnt out on shooters lately, but this one is really fun. The core of just running around and shooting is really solid and is really helped by the fantastic animation and reactions of the characters.

Really looking forward to having all night to night to run through the game (on PC!)...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.