Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 27, 2012

With a heavy focus on Arena combat, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault pits the familiar faces from the long running series into a series of MOBA-like battles.

No on is talking about this, who else is buying it?

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Czarpyotr

New ratchet = instand buy for me. Anyone else played it and have thoughts? Literally nothing is up on metacitic as far as reviews go.

Krafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Krafty

I am!!!! Ratchet is dah bomb.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

Yes, but only out of some weird loyalty to Ratchet. Eurogamer aren't all that fond of it, they gave it 6/10.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Sackmanjones

I have seen absolutely nothing about this game which tends to mean bad news. Is insomniac on this or what?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Sackmanjones
    I have seen absolutely nothing about this game which tends to mean bad news. Is insomniac on this or what?
    Sorry on my phone but just read the description and insomniac is intact working on it. However it does not sound like a game is enjoy, thus I won't be buying
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

I fon't even know the first thing about it. Is it just a regular ol' Ratchet game? Because I've played those before, 7 of them.
    I couldn't enjoy Ratchet anymore after Deadlocked. I loved those games, I would beat them and then immediately beat them again, but after that I just suddenly didn't want to play the later games.

Krafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Krafty

It's a tower defense game.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Spoonman671

Fuck yeah, I'm buying it.

@believer258 said:

I fon't even know the first thing about it. Is it just a regular ol' Ratchet game? Because I've played those before, 7 of them. I couldn't enjoy Ratchet anymore after Deadlocked. I loved those games, I would beat them and then immediately beat them again, but after that I just suddenly didn't want to play the later games.
    It's sort of a tower defense thing, and it's $20.  There's also a demo available.
    BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By BlackLagoon

@Krafty: Only in the sense that Iron Brigade is a tower defense game. It also borrows from MOBA games in that you have to re-buy upgrades every level. And it has full campaign co-op and a competitive multiplayer mode.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Kierkegaard

@Czarpyotr: I'll give the demo a shot. Still making my way back through 1-3 in the collection after a six year absence, so a new Ratchet can wait for a bit. Insomniac has earned my faith up to know. Even when they make mistakes, they make interesting games. I'll give it a shot.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By awesomeusername

Yes but in January when the Vita version comes out so I don't have to put up more money on electricity. Plus, I have too many games to play anyways.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12  Edited By mesoian

@Krafty said:

It's a tower defense game.

Only sort of. The single player is similar to Orcs Must Die. The multiplayer is a pretty traditional MOBA.

I bought it. I think it's pretty cool, but I've been having some odd experiences online. Only played two matches though, so I'll see how it is tomorrow.

It's 20 bucks. Might as well.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

I will be picking it up, only really because I have purchased every single Ratchet and Clank game. The last one left a sour taste in my mouth, so hoping this one gets back on track/

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Czarpyotr

@Mesoian: You saying that it is like orcs must die makes me very interested in playing it now. I bought it, just haven't booted it up...

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ducksworth

Thinking about it. I was introduced to the series through the Future games and although they had a bit of a slow start I was loving them once I had some of the more entertaining levels unlocked. That's the only game I've played so far though, I'll want to play through atleast Quest for Booty and Crack In Time first.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By VisariLoyalist

the last ratchet game "All 4 one". Was very dissapointing, although it didn't seem like it had the full support of insomniac. Then again neither does this right? I mean isn't insomniac busy with their other project right now?

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cubidog1

All 4 One was just as good as any other R&C; game. The multiplayer was chaotic and fun. It was probably my 2nd favorite R&C; game, with 1st being A Crack In Time. That was amazing.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shortbreadtom

I've heard it's mainly multiplayer? Seen no gameplay so far.

Anyway, Insomniac has said they're doing one more mainline R&C game next year. Presumably (and hopefully) the last for this gen. I am the biggest Ratchet fan in the world, but the changes to the art style in All 4 One have carried over which I'm not a huge fan of. I want one more great Ratchet game with an arc-ending storyline, and then put him to bed. Insomniac has shown they can make other good games so I want to see what they'll do next.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By BigBoss1911

@GunstarRed said:

Yes, but only out of some weird loyalty to Ratchet. Eurogamer aren't all that fond of it, they gave it 6/10.

Eurogamer aren't really fond of anything, every review is 8/10 or lower, but they gave Far Cry 3 a 10/10, which must mean its the best game ever.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By djou

I'm in the same boat as . I found All for One mediocre although it looked nice. This is a wait and see game for me. I like the $20 price but if there's not a community that picks this up it wouldn't be fun to play alone since I think its a MOBA-style game. The game screams Insomniac b-team to me. I imagine they are pouring resources into Fuse. Why else have little game play, press, and the low price? If they had a demo I would try it out asap, but unless I hear good things I don't plan to pick it up any time soon. The idea of a 3D Awesomenauts with RC is cool so I'm a little hopeful.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Meteor_VII

Color me uninterested until they make another game with SP focus. I loved the two future games and even the downloadable one that came in between them was pretty good, but this whole lets change what RnC is over these last two games .... no thank you sir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Kinda bummed it is not a straight up Ratchet and Clank game. I think Crack in Time is still one of the best games on the PS3 and would love to see another sequel rather then these weird off-shoots that usually aren't as good.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Czarpyotr

@bartok said:

Kinda bummed it is not a straight up Ratchet and Clank game. I think Crack in Time is still one of the best games on the PS3 and would love to see another sequel rather then these weird off-shoots that usually aren't as good.

Yup

Krafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Krafty

Is anyone playing this? I'd like to do the co-op.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#25  Edited By DarthOrange

Bought it and downloaded it, just haven't had time to play it. Looks neat enough. I played through Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2 a shit ton of times but then the next one I played was All 4 One when it was free with PS+ and only got through the first mission. This one was $20 bucks though and the Vita version will be free in January so I figured "Why not?"

fargofallout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fargofallout

@djou: There is a demo - I downloaded it and tried it out last night. I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be, but I don't know that this is what I'm looking for. There are definitely some tower defense mechanics in there, but there is more traditional Ratchet and Clank gameplay than I expected. My biggest problem was with the game's lack of direction - after finishing the first level, I couldn't figure out what to do next. I suspect I can't do more because it's the demo version of the game, but it isn't telling me that anywhere.

Anyhow, weird game. I know people get tired of playing the same thing over and over again, but I absolutely could have gone for a full single player Ratchet and Clank game again.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27  Edited By impartialgecko

Am playing it. It's weak. They may have returned to the gameplay of older Ratchet games but the tower defence/MOBA aspects mean you never have any freedom to experiment with the weapons, most of which are rehashes from previous games. I'm a diehard ratchet fan and I don't think this is worth $20. Not by a long shot.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By djou

Thanks. I saw the demo and downloaded it last night, haven't had a chance to try it yet. I really admire Insomniac for trying new things especially taking one their franchises and making a downloadable game, but I'm dubious. Overall I think the series is a bit tired they've had 11 games in 10 years on both home and mobile consoles, that's not counting cross overs, pretty ridiculous. I wish they would give it a break like Naughty Dog with Jak and Daxter.

Accolade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Accolade

This is one of the few franchises that I'll buy no matter what. I'd say I'm a part of the problem, but R&C is no Sonic the Hedgehog. I enjoy the franchise's characters and don't mind a glorified tower defense game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The shooting is good again but the tower defense stuff is boring. I tried to but a game online but it seems to be dead on arrival.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By spankingaddict

I thought the demo was great , will get it sometime soon ..

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#32  Edited By DarthOrange

Been playing co-op with my bro and I have been having a blast. Maybe you miserable bastards just need to find someone to play with, this wasn't meant to be played alone.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Vonocourt

I'm gonna try it, nice that there is a demo out. I love Going Commando to bits but I never finished A Crack in Time. Partially because my first PS3 died while playing it, and the memory of taking the system apart to return the disc to blockbuster still hangs over it, but the game didn't really connect that much to begin with. Played two levels of All 4 One and deleted it from my HDD, garbage. It was a nice idea to change the formula a bit, but the execution wasn't up to snuff.

Twenty dollars though, I may just take the plunge. This thread has actually got me really interested.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FunkyHugo

I'm definitely playing it, I'm just going to wait till the winter break to do so. Like everybody else, I'm surprised at the great lack of attention this game is getting.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hizang

I am loving it, anybody else here interested in playing some?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By GunstarRed

@Hizang: Yes, I'd like to play more, it's really boring on your own.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hizang

@GunstarRed: I've played so much of it, I'm really good, add me on PSN (Hizang).

I don't do 2 v 2 though, 1 v 1 is where its at.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hizang

@GunstarRed: I'm on now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.