Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ratchet & Clank

Franchise »

The Ratchet & Clank series developed by Insomniac Games continues its success, by giving the fans the best from the previous installments, but also improving on the major gameplay elements.

Ratchet and Clank withdrawal syndrome

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

I'm feeling it. I know all 4 one is supposedly coming out Q3, but I'm not counting that as a proper sequel to the franchise. What's that you say? Co-op in my R&C? Get out! Also, look at those eyes:  

No Caption Provided
    That's not the Ratchet I know. Anyone else worried we won't see a proper Ratchet and Clank game soon? Or are you cool with all 4 one?
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By spankingaddict

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some Ratchet and Clank. But I hope they stop or take a break from this series. Insomniac is too good to just keep making the sames games over and over again. I'd loved to see what new, fresh ideas they could come up with.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

The demo is up on the Playstation store, I should download it, but I'm scared of what it could be. Just the fact that Dr Neferoius is there is a slap in the face to RAC fans as he was clearly destroyed in the last game. I really feel like playing the original Ratchet and Clank now..
    Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Trebz

If you count Quest for Booty and Secret Agent Clank, there have been 9 R&C games in the past 10 1/2 years. I think they need to take a good, long break and make something fresh. I know they can do it, look at Resistance.

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kyelb22

I'm not sure about All 4 One being any good, but I'm dying for an HD collection from the original PS2 R&C games. That'd be awesome.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By ESREVER

More Ratchet and Clank is always welcomed. I never get tired of that gameplay and those characters. 
    I'm not sure about All 4 One. I'll have to play the demo some time to be able to form a valid opinion.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andorski

I hope they end the R&C series.  ACiT ended the duo's adventure in a great manner.  No reason for Insomniac to get some elbow grease and crank out another franchise that that is equally colorful and violet though.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

I love the series and in someways never wanted it to end. But I really liked A Crack in Time's ending and would be ok if the series was over....just a bit sad inside. 

Plus I'm getting this huge tumor in my head trying to pretend All 4 One doesn't exist.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By EuanDewar
    @Hizang said:
    "The demo is up on the Playstation store, I should download it, but I'm scared of what it could be. Just the fact that Dr Neferoius is there is a slap in the face to RAC fans as he was clearly destroyed in the last game. I really feel like playing the original Ratchet and Clank now.. "

I really dont think they give two shits about upholding the canon in a spin off co-op, move based game.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

I think the series could use a break.  A Crack in Time is probably my favorite Ratchet game, but I think the franchise really needs something fresh to reinvigorate it, and that takes time.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aegon
    @Spoonman671:  I just...I WANT RATCHET TO FIND HIS FELLOW LOMBAXES. The series could end after that.
    hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By hinderk
    @EuanDewar: I don't believe that it is move based. There might be some optional move stuff in it, but I think you use the D3 to control everything.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the new games (i didnt even bother memorizing the names) on the ps3 arent the old ratchet and clank i remember.  i actually had a great time with the ones on the ps2, i wish insomniac could bring the same feel back

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andorski
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    " the new games (i didnt even bother memorizing the names) on the ps3 arent the old ratchet and clank i remember.  i actually had a great time with the ones on the ps2, i wish insomniac could bring the same feel back "
    Can you go into what you thought changed when transitioning to the PS3?  I think my biggest complaint about the series in general were the very incremental steps the franchise made between each iteration.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Andorski said:
    " @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    " the new games (i didnt even bother memorizing the names) on the ps3 arent the old ratchet and clank i remember.  i actually had a great time with the ones on the ps2, i wish insomniac could bring the same feel back "
    Can you go into what you thought changed when transitioning to the PS3?  I think my biggest complaint about the series in general were the very incremental steps the franchise made between each iteration. "
    Really, the games are practically identical.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Spoonman671 said:
    " @Andorski said:
    Can you go into what you thought changed when transitioning to the PS3?  I think my biggest complaint about the series in general were the very incremental steps the franchise made between each iteration. "
    Really, the games are practically identical. "
    call me an idiot but i liked deadlocked...
    c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#17  Edited By c_rakestraw
    @Hizang said:
    " The demo is up on the Playstation store, I should download it, but I'm scared of what it could be. Just the fact that Dr Neferoius is there is a slap in the face to RAC fans as he was clearly destroyed in the last game. I really feel like playing the original Ratchet and Clank now.. "
    Wait, there's a demo up? When did that happen? How does one get it?
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andorski
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
    " @Spoonman671 said:
    " @Andorski said:
    call me an idiot but i liked deadlocked... "
    That was the multiplayer one, right?  Man, you cwazy.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By captain_clayman

i think it went down hill on the ps3 where they went down to an E 10+ rating.  they cant throw as many hidden dirty jokes into it.  and it just feels more, "kid friendly".

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aegon
    @captain_clayman:  Yeah, it sucks that we can't have any more of this

But gameplay wise, the PS3 games are the best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Andorski said:
    " @Spoonman671 said:
    " @Andorski said:
    call me an idiot but i liked deadlocked... "
    That was the multiplayer one, right?  Man, you cwazy. "
    yeah with the whole gladiator style gameplay...  but Up Your Arsenal will always be my favourite R&C game
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RE_Player1

I haven't played a Ratchet game since Up Your Arsenal, should I pick up Tools of Destruction or jump right into Crack in Time? Also how was that Quest for Booty PSN game? Sorry for all the questions I picked up the Sly Collection and am in the mood for some classic PS2 franchises.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @H2Oyea said:

" @captain_clayman:  Yeah, it sucks that we can't have any more of this

But gameplay wise, the PS3 games are the best. "
    The last 20 seconds had me rolling on the floor. I agree, best cutscene ever.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spoonman671
    @RE_Player92 said:
    " I haven't played a Ratchet game since Up Your Arsenal, should I pick up Tools of Destruction or jump right into Crack in Time? Also how was that Quest for Booty PSN game? Sorry for all the questions I picked up the Sly Collection and am in the mood for some classic PS2 franchises. "
    I would just stick with A Crack in Time.  The intro will get you caught up to speed on Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.