Something went wrong. Try again later

Free on PS+

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I picked Rayman Legends up now that it's free on PlayStation Plus and I'm surprised by how great it is. I know Alex gave it 5 stars and I tend to side with his reviews but somehow I completely missed this one and it's predecessor Rayman Origins. Anyone else checking it out?

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shiftygism

I have it on the Wii U, great game, great series, better 2D platformers than anything produced since the SNES era, and if Nintendo had any sense they'd work out a deal to have Ubisoft Montpellier tackle a future 2D Mario, even if it was just using secondary or fringe characters of the series.

Origins actually made ice world and underwater levels fun.

And that fucking wonderful music...

Loading Video...

It kinda ticks me off they were putting out masterpieces like that when Nintendo stuck to their "wahwah" horseshit in the NSMB series for years.

I'd pick up on PS+ myself but they still haven't fixed that annoying issue of being unable to purchase a game you claimed free. I'd actually like to have the ability to access it digitally if I choose not to re-up the service.

Still though, if anyone else slept on this series, check it out.

Sooooo good.

HaniHani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Just finished it for the first time. It is a great game, but I have a lot of issues with how it controls. It was really hard for me to get used to how Rayman just slides everywhere. And usually I died as a result of that. Thankfully the checkpoints are very frequent.

Still, the game has a lot of variety and well designed levels and it feels fresh the whole time. I agree that it is worth your time.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Teddie

It's a great game, and I somehow own it on Wii U, Xbox One and PS4 (I didn't even know I had it on PS4 until I couldn't pick it up with the other monthly games). I'm not sure if they put the entire last game in there, but there was a decent chunk of it at least. My only issue was the levels designed with the Wii U gamepad in mind, which I hated even when I played them on the Wii U.

Hope they do another one someday. Or, hell, anything with that UbiArt engine.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: I don't like most of Ubisofts big budget titles. AC, Ghost Recon, For Honour, Watchdogs. But everything in their UbiArt line up is great. Legends and Origins are better 2D platformers than anything Nintendo have put out since the SNES.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had Origins on... Wii, I think? It became the game a bunch of my high school friends would come over and play together for hours. It was great stuff and I'd definitely recommend Legends to anyone looking for a solid platformer.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Legends is one of the best modern platformers. I think the series gets slept on a bit, which is a shame.

kuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kuku

@hanihani: For some reason keyboard works really well for me. I tried to play on a gamepad, but I had much harder time with movement.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I did everything in Origins, but I remember a bunch of these levels having the the dumb touch screen gimmick that slowed down the pace. So I just wasn't that into it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Gotta say as a fan of platformers I gave this a whirl today and it really didn’t do anything for me. It’s neat I suppose but after two levels I was kind of done with it. Not a huge fan of games that use this flat 2D on painted 2D art style.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Really good series, especially for multiplayer. That said I liked Origins more than Legends--like it's spot on the difficulty curve better and wasn't as overloaded with stuff for the sake of stuff like Legends is. Still one of the best PS+ games in awhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.